Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
pity b BESS isn't available, too busy ironing b Broad headbands, we could have had them bowled out by now! and once we get to the second innings, I wonder how many overs our 4 medium/quicks will get through?

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I am totally sport illiterate but I have always imagined that a cricket match on a nice day must be quite a pleasant way to pass some time.
It certainly is. I had a mate a college who was similar and hopeless at cricket, but loved to turn out for the college 2nds to have a laugh in the sun, a bit of banter, hopefully avoid having bat - as the quick bowlers scared him, and beers afterwards. He once caught a catch in the gully, his only notable contribution to the sporting cause in 3 years.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I managed to get through the school system in the 70's never doing sport. That is how adverse I have been to sport.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Mad stuff happening in the Test. Just saying.

Have you read Penguins Stopped Play? (either of you!)

A delightful account of many matches played in that spirit (and some other humorous matches).

Two VERY funny cricket books, at grass roots level are a must-read for anyone who has at least a passing interest in cricket, or someone who just has a sense of humour:
0D82F117-77B0-488A-8D3F-0312EF032608.jpeg

744F72F8-4607-45EF-A17D-1C2E4CFB30FC.jpeg

Top Bottom