Crikey, just fitted 2 brand new Michelin Pro race 4's and ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossala

Guru
They worse than gatorskins?

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
Their bloody minded, pig headed awkwardness of fitting was the one thing that put me off buying another set of Pro 3's when I wore mine out. Had sore thumbs the next morning ! ! This also put me off Pro 4's and I switched to GP4000s'. If 4's aren't as bad to put on I may give them a try. What rims have you put them on with seemingly apparent ease ?

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Their bloody minded, pig headed awkwardness of fitting was the one thing that put me off buying another set of Pro 3's when I wore mine out. Had sore thumbs the next morning ! ! This also put me off Pro 4's and I switched to GP4000s'. If 4's aren't as bad to put on I may give them a try. What rims have you put them on with seemingly apparent ease ?
Reynolds Alta-Race, the same as the 3's and 2's before.

beastie

Guru
This thread is a comfort to me, I am gonna take the Pro Race 3's of the Fulcrum 5's and replace with 4's. It took 20 mins to change a flat last week. Nearly all of that was taking off and putting back the tyre.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
This thread is a comfort to me, I am gonna take the Pro Race 3's of the Fulcrum 5's and replace with 4's. It took 20 mins to change a flat last week. Nearly all of that was taking off and putting back the tyre.
A VAR Tyre lever helps enormously with difficult tyres. I always travel with one now.

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/categ...t/review-var-tools-rp42500-tyre-tool-11-44397

U

User482

Dunno about Gatorskins, but previous incarnations of Pro-race have been creators of poorly finger tips and blue air ....

My pro-race 3s go on without a tyre lever. Gatorskins are a different matter...

beastie

Guru
I get my gatorskins on without a lever. It's about technique not force.
Well I can refit the continental ultra sports on the winter wheels in about 45 seconds. Some tyre wheel combos are just a tighter fit. Pro Race 3 on fulcrum 5 are a feckin nightmare.

DrLex

merely the moocher
Well I can refit the continental ultra sports on the winter wheels in about 45 seconds. Some tyre wheel combos are just a tighter fit. Pro Race 3 on fulcrum 5 are a feckin nightmare.

ProRace 3 go on fine on my fulcrum 4s, which are allegedly hubs from 3s and rims from 5s, so I'm going to echo fossala's view. Wheelbarrow tyres are my bête noir...

Top Bottom