Criterium du Dauphine 2016 *SPOILERS*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I didn't think the slight uphill would make that much of a difference but seeing both EBH and GVA up there means it must have had some effect. Good win!

Anyone know more details about the crash about 2.2km from the end - Cofidis* (?) and AG2R rider. I just caught some of the highlights online and saw the crash but can't find any detail of what happened (although, tbh, I haven't done an exhaustive search).

* I saw Bozic was mentioned as having crashed but not sure if this was the incident.

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
So, does anyone have a definitive answer as to why the 3km rule was not applied? It didn't seem to qualify as a real uphill finish...

SWSteve

Guru
Anyone know more details about the crash about 2.2km from the end - Cofidis* (?) and AG2R rider. I just caught some of the highlights online and saw the crash but can't find any detail of what happened (although, tbh, I haven't done an exhaustive search).

* I saw Bozic was mentioned as having crashed but not sure if this was the incident.

Boric hit a barrier and then cut across the peloton, solely hitting a rider for AG2R.

Don't know what happened with the 3km rule, those whose interviews I've seen seem to be at a loss as to why it wasn't implemented.

400bhp

Guru

Pretty much caused by alaphillipe going for a space that wasn't there.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Don't know what happened with the 3km rule, those whose interviews I've seen seem to be at a loss as to why it wasn't implemented.

Bozic and Gougeard were given the same time as the main bunch, nine seconds behind the winner, so clearly the rule was implemented. I don't think anyone else was affected directly by the crash.

Top Bottom