Criterium International *SPOILER*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
It's a bit of a strange beast, the Criterium. A tough first stage, then a shorter one for the sprinters, then TT. An all-rounder.

The first one saw all the big climbers like Armstrong and Contador dropped and Pierrick Fedrigo win out, and the strangeness continued in Stage Two with all the more famous sprinters being beaten by Russell Downing. I'm very pleased for him of course. It wasn't long ago I saw him racing the lanes of Northumbria and good as he was, I didn't see him in the Pro-Tour...

So I am not even going to try to predict the TT stage. I would have said Contador, but who knows now?

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
And err, actually, it's David Millar who's won the TT! Blimey. Two out of three stages won by British riders.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I'd recorded it to watch later avoiding this thread and cyclingnews and David Harmon has just given out the result whilst commentating on the Track Champs:rolleyes::biggrin:

A bit of a Likely Lads moment:biggrin:

Keith Oates

Janner
Millar has put in a great performance to get the TT and Russel also getting a win is a good day for British cycling. Armstrong seems to be below par at the moment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom