Critical Mass July 2011 Video

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hi All – attended my first CM ride with camera in hand last Friday. I know CM is a bit of a Marmite issue on here but, for the record, I found every single participant to be polite and charming – along with most other road users. There were the usual cyclist hating idiots in cars/cabs (and funnily enough a couple on bikes) getting upset but I think they had those attitudes before such events as this. I’m really annoyed that I didn’t capture the cab at the end having a go – I was shooting on a d7000 (ie not a helmet or handle bar cam) but as I rounded the bend outside Canada House in slow moving traffic I didn’t take primary (my mistake) and the taxi did one of those overtakes where they give enough room when the front of the vehicle is level with you and then swing in while still going past – and I’m sure he did it on purpose – he missed me by a few inches thanks to me swerving into the gutter - I squeezed back infront of him and asked him why he did it, especially as there was no advantage in doing so – he just stuck his head out of the window and called me a **** – I put the camera on and he came out again insisting that I was a “sad twat” and that I must get his best side – he just confirmed MY opinion that most cab drivers in London are scum. Anyway here’s the vid - enjoy! I also posted this in commuting so aplogies

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=WvuWBo7HhO4

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
Fantasic camera work, loved the special/colour effects

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I went to the LCC demo prior to CM, which was enormous - I'd think that there were at least 1000 cyclists there. <br><br>This gave CM a bit of a boost, and we started off in fine spirits, but I quit when it became apparent that people who, in another life, would be petty bureaucrats working for local authorities decided that no traffic could cross the route. It doesn't seem right or intelligent to stop a bus going at right angles to the ride just to prove that you're in charge

<div><br></div><div>We were obviously going to hold up traffic going with us or against us in a big way, and it was unfortunate for the passengers on the 55 bus that simply sat on Old Street for fifteen minutes, but that's always going to happen if you have a big ride.</div>

Top Bottom