CRITICAL MASS LONDON Next ride: October 30th 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclist365

London Critical Mass is a bike ride that
takes place on the last Friday of every
month. It is not a demonstration, simply
a group of people who decide to ride around
town in the same direction. There is no
planned route – it is up to whoever is in front
to choose where to go. If there are enough
cyclists on the ride then it will go ‘critical’ – a
mass of cyclists that can take over a road
and ride together in safety.

London Critical Mass meets outside
the NFT cafe on the South Bank on
the last Friday of every month. People
normally gather from 6.00pm and leave by
7.00pm.
http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk/main.html

Can't make this C365 - but I'll be under the Wellington Arch at midnight...

earth

I know about this. Friends in London have told me about it.

I can imagine the guy I sit next to at work would go balistic if he heard about it though. He rides a motorbike and complains at every opportunity about cyclists. He complains they go too slow. then he compains about lycra clad cyclists doing 30mph. He said once he would string fishing wire up between lamp posts to decapitate his lycra clad neighbour.

The way I see it, when I go out on the road there is a critical mass of motorised vehicles on the roads that I pay for! They are everywhere. Cyclists are legal road users just the same and there's nothing anyone can say against alot of legal road users using the roads at the same time in the same vacinity as each other. It's no different to cars all over every road.
Please obey the rules of the road though or you are trying the legality and creating a bad rep. Just my opinion.

earth said:
I know about this. Friends in London have told me about it.

I can imagine the guy I sit next to at work would go balistic if he heard about it though. He rides a motorbike and complains at every opportunity about cyclists. He complains they go too slow. then he compains about lycra clad cyclists doing 30mph. He said once he would string fishing wire up between lamp posts to decapitate his lycra clad neighbour.

The way I see it, when I go out on the road there is a critical mass of motorised vehicles on the roads that I pay for! They are everywhere. Cyclists are legal road users just the same and there's nothing anyone can say against alot of legal road users using the roads at the same time in the same vacinity as each other. It's no different to cars all over every road.
Please obey the rules of the road though or you are trying the legality and creating a bad rep. Just my opinion.

They must be Friends of the Earth ;)
There are always folk - whatever their means of transport, who transgress - and it is in the hands of the orderly in all disciplines to ensure that common sense prevails.

stephengrellier

Cyclist365 said:
London Critical Mass is a bike ride that
takes place on the last Friday of every
month. It is not a demonstration, simply
a group of people who decide to ride around
town in the same direction. There is no
planned route – it is up to whoever is in front
to choose where to go. If there are enough
cyclists on the ride then it will go ‘critical’ – a
mass of cyclists that can take over a road
and ride together in safety.

London Critical Mass meets outside
the NFT cafe on the South Bank on
the last Friday of every month. People
normally gather from 6.00pm and leave by
7.00pm.
http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk/main.html

I will be there! Especially since it will be the Haloween Ride which is always fun! ;)

See you next friday! Remember to bring a friend!

Dave5N

Über Member
I did a few in Brum, going back fifteen years or more. I hated the attitude and the hippies who thought owning a bike gave them some sort of moral superiority. Grandstanding at its worst.

None of them was very good on a bike, either.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Yeah, I stopped going after they stopped policing it. It's been taken over by thugs on bikes out looking for trouble.

Top Bottom