Critical mass

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Is aggravating all motorists because of the behaviour of a few eejuts liable to endear us to the nation?

Honestly, 99% of motorists were amused by the spectacle more than anything else.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Sounds very sloppy work by the cops. A cyclist is told by a driver that he will get fxxxxxg stabbed with a screwdriver, Johnny Law arrive and nick the cyclist, ho hum.

Different incident I think. I saw the screwdriver incident, and it was separate to the incident with the chap who got arrested. The arrested bloke for his wheel pringled, the other bloke who got rammed did not.

Have you read my report?

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Here's my video report of this ride:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_6WKQVe8ro

anothersam

SMIDSMe
It has noble intentions I don't doubt… Don't expect to cycle particularly fast or anywhere logical.

Spock.jpg

It has the noblest of intentions, and is entirely logical.

Drago

Legendary Member
Clearly not, as I said the motorists do it twice a day and no one seems to hold it against them.
However, rather unfortunately, cyclists are seen as a bunch of weirdos at best, puppy eating nun murderers at worst, while motorists are seen as normal folk just going about their business and being unreasonably hassled by cyclists and penalised by the government.

Until such time as the prevailing societal view becomes more balanced then then slightest infringement of a cyclist will be viewed as many times of orders of magnitude worse than a motorist pulling a similar stunt. After all, if the prevailing view were more reasonably balanced then cycling pressure groups wouldn't need to resort to such silly stunt a in the first place.

anothersam

SMIDSMe
Am hesitant to google 'puppy eating nun murderers' for fear this is not made up.

My last experience with critical mass was years ago. People sat down in the middle of Picadilly Circus, which was fun. Even this taxi driver looked reasonably tolerant, or so I like to imagine.

cabbie.jpg

note the Virgin shop in the background - it really was years ago

The best reason for it that I can see is so people who aren't comfortable riding in the city to be able to once a month.

Last edited:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
However, rather unfortunately, cyclists are seen as a bunch of weirdos at best, puppy eating nun murderers at worst, while motorists are seen as normal folk just going about their business and being unreasonably hassled by cyclists and penalised by the government.

Until such time as the prevailing societal view becomes more balanced then then slightest infringement of a cyclist will be viewed as many times of orders of magnitude worse than a motorist pulling a similar stunt. After all, if the prevailing view were more reasonably balanced then cycling pressure groups wouldn't need to resort to such silly stunt a in the first place.

And how do you propose that we get there?

BTW, it comes as something as a surprise to me that your mission is to endear yourself to the nation.

Top Bottom