crocadile tale..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Croc just wanted a bit of 'armless play :giggle:

Brandane

Legendary Member
Why did they kill the croc when it was only doing as nature intended?
The report says it was because it was in an area where humans and pets frequent. It's Australia; you're going to get crocs and other creatures that are going to do you harm if you get near them!
How did they know they had killed the croc responsible, BEFORE they cut it open? Lastly, if they killed it "humanely" as reported, why didn't they just sedate it and transport it away from human habitation?
I'm not normally a big supporter of animal rights, but this stinks a bit.

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
Why did they kill the croc when it was only doing as nature intended?
The report says it was because it was in an area where humans and pets frequent. It's Australia; you're going to get crocs and other creatures that are going to do you harm if you get near them!
How did they know they had killed the croc responsible, BEFORE they cut it open? Lastly, if they killed it "humanely" as reported, why didn't they just sedate it and transport it away from human habitation?
I'm not normally a big supporter of animal rights, but this stinks a bit.

they killed it to get the limb back ...its been reattached by surgery..amaizing story..

Brandane

Legendary Member
they killed it to get the limb back ...its been reattached by surgery..amaizing story..
It doesn't mention that in the report though! It just says she was taken to hospital for emergency surgery, which I assumed from the report was required to stop the bleeding.

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
It doesn't mention that in the report though! It just says she was taken to hospital for emergency surgery, which I assumed from the report was required to stop the bleeding.

bbc have run a story on it..think its in the Times paper too..
i couldnt find the full story when posting..
shame the croc had to die as im with you on the Why bit..

Brandane

Legendary Member
You didn't read the first line of the report?
Yes. Please tell me where it says her hand/forearm were re-attached!
A WOMAN’S hand and forearm have been found in the stomach of a crocodile that was killed after an attack in Western Australia’s Kimberley region.

The headline gave a bit of a hint, too.....
Crocodile attack: Hunt for animal after woman loses hand in Wyndham

Last edited:
OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
I need to know now..Nagga on bbc ..im sure she said that the arm was reattached..
goes off to search..

Top Bottom