Cross Country Bike Tour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coastalbiker

Hello, a few friends will be biking across the country next year in the spring. Given work schedules, they would like to do a personalized cycling tour with their own team to support them. Thinking two to three in a crew that would help with biking, driving to the next stop and figuring out dining/accommodations.

Do you know of any reputable companies that you'd recommend speaking with who could do something like this?

Thanks much!

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Hi and :welcome: to CycleChat @coastalbiker

Would you like to tell our members which country so they can suggest the companies most likely to be helpful?

Reactions: mjr
Two to 3. 3! In the backup crew.
And they are also going to help with the biking?
Riding?
Some aspects of some modern ideas of cycle touring put me in mind of edwardian aristo jaunts or safaris.
I reckon a 4th is needed.
A media manager to handle web postings.
Harrumph. :smile:

@Blue Hills
I find it a disservice to the forum when an established poster like yourself sees an opening post from a new poster and mocks it - especially in the Touring forum.

I can only speak for myself, but the generosity of spirit from people that I meet when away on the bike is one of the most rewarding things about going away on the bike. It seems odd, to say the least, to not have the same spirit displayed on these pages.

I'm also of the view that such posts can have a chilling effect on other new posters. Before I set off on my first tour I hadn't a clue what I was doing - and it was supported. I'd hate to think what reaction some of the questions I had back then would have been received with had I been aware of Internet fora.

If you're of the opinion that the post is not genuine, then the Forum rules offer two choices - ignore or report.

I don't often do such things hobbes.

Very rarely in fact.

But couldn't help myself.

I never report anything.

I realise your post is sincerely meant

And respect it.

all the best, ride on.

Last edited:

steve j

Hello, a few friends will be biking across the country next year in the spring. Given work schedules, they would like to do a personalized cycling tour with their own team to support them. Thinking two to three in a crew that would help with biking, driving to the next stop and figuring out dining/accommodations.

Do you know of any reputable companies that you'd recommend speaking with who could do something like this?

Thanks much!

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Probably worth contacting any of the companies that offer cycle tours and seeing if they will run a bespoke one for you e.g. Skedaddle

Edited to add they have a specific page for tailor made tours

I would second skedaddle. Plus if the op's friends want to do a UK coast to coast etc they could just book onto an existing self guided or guided trip.

Its the luggage carrying and accommodation booking that I think is the key, although guided gives you some mechanical support and not need to give a second thought as to where snacks and lunch are being taken.

I would second skedaddle. Plus if the op's friends want to do a UK coast to coast etc they could just book onto an existing self guided or guided trip.

Its the luggage carrying and accommodation booking that I think is the key, although guided gives you some mechanical support and not need to give a second thought as to where snacks and lunch are being taken.

The OP is from two years ago......

Top Bottom