Crossed posts warning?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pete

By which I mean: some sort of warning when submitting a reply to a thread, that someone else also posted on the same thread whilst you were typing.

I'm used to that feature on other forums, but it doesn't seem to be provided for here (or am I missing something?) Would be useful: can it be set up?

Good idea ... Very handy for those of us who are one finger, one speed (slow) :biggrin:

Shaun

Founder
Pete,

Can you give me an example URL for a forum that has this feature.

I don't think VB has it as standard, but there may be a plugin.

Cheers,
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
I can't find anything to add this feature to VB at the moment, but if I come across a mod/plugin I'll give it a go :biggrin:

Cheers,
Shaun

mosschops2

Personally (to add the other side of the fence) I'm not bothered about this - as I normally go through and open interesting topics as new tabs (in IE7 - for those who haven't seen it).

It's not unusual then to answer a post that has been open for 5 or 10 minutes - in more extreme cases 30-40 minutes.

Just saying - that for the amount of times it would happen to me, I wouldn't want it! (sorry). If it were popular (as it may actually be) however, I would cope easily!

Shaun

Founder
Pete, et al ... sorry, but I've moved your astronomy stuff to the Cafe, here as it was a bit off-topic for Feedback.

Hope you don't mind :thumbsup:

OP
OP
P

Pete

Admin said:
Pete, et al ... sorry, but I've moved your astronomy stuff to the Cafe, here as it was a bit off-topic for Feedback.

Hope you don't mind :thumbsup:
No problem, Shaun, it was getting a bit embarrassing and I'd have done it myself if I'd had the access - but I'd like the title changed to something a bit less personal like "astronomers on forum?" if you don't mind. I tried changing the title myself but it didn't seem to work.

Top Bottom