Crossfire 3 tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
What size are your current tyres?
Have you popped in Geoff Wiles Cycles - they should be able to advise.

vickster

Legendary Member
Sounds like he wants tyres more suited to off roading? I think the Crossfire is a 'hybrid' with suspension, rather than an MTB per se. 700x40mm tyre as standard, reviews say the Kenda K935 isn't good for mud and slipperiness. I'd think a 45mm more knobbly would fit? Although if you are riding in lots of mud, you might want to keep the clearance.
Maybe something like a 40mm CX tyre?
https://www.sigmasports.com/item/WTB/Nano-Race-Cyclocross-Clincher-Tyre/H3V7

Last edited:
OP
OP
Deano28

Deano28

Yeah looking for something with a little more tread and wider as on my commute I'm having a lot of issues with the back coming out after braking thanks for the input guys
Very helpful

Sharky

Guru
Yeah looking for something with a little more tread and wider as on my commute I'm having a lot of issues with the back coming out after braking thanks for the input guys
Very helpful
Don't think different tyres will change that, but can you explain exactly what is happening please.
Occasionally if I need to do a harsh stop, I've managed to lock the back wheel and feel it sliding , but I quickly release the brakes and it stops immediately.

vickster

Legendary Member
Very helpful
Kenda tyres aren’t great, you could try same size but a better brand
MTB tyres will slow you down on roads

Top Bottom