Crud catcher race guards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
short answer , yes

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Point of order ...

The company is called Crud Products.

Their road mudguards are called Roadracers.

They do a guard called a Crudcatcher, but that is for the front of mountain bikes.

They also do one called a Raceguard, but that is for the back of mountain bikes!

:thumbsup:

Cubist

Still wavin'
All the people who say they squeak and rattle haven't fitted them properly in the first place. They are fiddly to fit, but once fitted and adjusted as per the instructions mine are silent.

Kbrook

Veteran
I have them pain in the arse, always catching. Will be investing in something more substantial for next winter. Guess I haven't fitted them correctly if the above is correct.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
If you are going to ride with others make sure you look at Raceblade longs not standard Raceblades. Standard Raceblades do little to protect the rider behind you and will be frowned upon by some clubs, the long versions are much better. :thumbsup:
Btw I have Cruds, Raceblades and Raceblade longs and all of them are silent when set up right. I can't fit Cruds on my main bike though due to lack of clearance.:smile:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It doesn't matter how well you adjust the Roadracers if there is only a tiny clearance between them and the tyres. As soon as your tyres pick up bits of sh*te off the road, the noises start. This isn't the fault of the product - the bike was not designed to have mudguards fitted in the first place. You have to choose whether you can stand the noise, or choose an alternative product. If you have a few extra mm of clearance then the Roadracers can be set up to be noise-free.

I am a bit hard of hearing so I don't notice minor noises but I do hear the louder ones.

I always use a garden spray to clean under the guards after every mucky ride and that definitely helps to keep the noises down.

vickster

Legendary Member
Mine rubbed like mad on 25mm tyres, better with 23s, couldn't be doing with the faffing to stop the rubbing

Top Bottom