Cry for help - driver wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

llahmit

Have planned a Charity cycle ride from John O'Groats to Land's End but our support driver has pulled out. We are travelling up to J O'G (from Exeter) on 2nd May and will complete the cycle at Lands End 10 days later on 12th May. We will spend 4 nights in hotels and 6 nights camping. We will pay for the driver's accommodation so the only expense would be food and drink. Others cyclists welcome to join us if you can provide a support driver !! Please message me if you're interested. Many thanks Tim

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
How much are you going to pay the person for 10 days of driving? You cant expect them to give up all that holiday for nothing!
Maybe an ideal opportunity for someone retired?
It's the sort of thing that might appeal to me; I'm sure there must be others.
Unfortunately I will be away in the caravan at the start of May then doing our Tour de Dorset with friends straight after, so wouldn't be available during those dates.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
You are all tight fisted. 3 years ago , there was the same sort of advert for a 2 week trip to France in July, driver wanted with hotel only paid for. I applied and was accepted. I had the most memorable 2 weeks with excellent company and enjoyed every minute of it. Life isn't about money only, it is also about meeting others, complete strangers in my case, but well worth it.
So, if you can spare the time, do them a favour, you might enjoy it too.

PK99

Legendary Member
You are all tight fisted. 3 years ago , there was the same sort of advert for a 2 week trip to France in July, driver wanted with hotel only paid for. I applied and was accepted. I had the most memorable 2 weeks with excellent company and enjoyed every minute of it. Life isn't about money only, it is also about meeting others, complete strangers in my case, but well worth it.
So, if you can spare the time, do them a favour, you might enjoy it too.

hotels paid through France might well be attractive.
10 days incl 6 camping in the UK in May paying own living expences- Ummm!

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I understand all the above. I used to do the 3 Peaks every year and getting drivers was always difficult. They would also do food and hot drinks. They either loved it or hated it. Most years us lot also shared some of the driving too.

Personally I hate driving so there’s almost nothing that would attract me. The cycling bit no problem. The social side of it, no problem. I would be happy to do food, nutrition and hydration though. And setting up camp.

MarkF

Guru
I'd do it without pay and really enjoy it, but I aint giving up my holidays to do it. If I was retired then I'd jump at the opportunity.

iluvmybike

Über Member
I think if you're asking questions like this, you probably aren't all that interested in volunteering. Look elsewhere for ideas on how to pass the time in early May.
Don't pre-judge - it was a genuine question - given how much fuel costs these days and the amount you'd use doing that trip

Top Bottom