CSC - end sponsorship...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

If Riis had 'gone' when he made the admisson that he EPO'd do you think CSC would still be in cycling...:ohmy:

girofan

No yerod. With all that has occurred in the last twelve months, UCI vs. ASO and others, the credibility of cycling as a vehicle for sponsorship is at an all-time low!
It will take a decade for cycling to recover and CSC pulling the plug is maybe the wake-up-call that management, riders, organisers and the UCI have needed for nearly twenty years.
The only way now, is up, but it will be a long struggle with the occassional setback. Let's hope for better times ahead.

Keith Oates

Janner
I don't think so yenners, Riis seems to have got on well with CSC and so I think it would have happened anyway. I'm not sure they changed their sponsership just because of the drug talk but no doubt that didn't help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

simonali

Guru
That'll be why Cervelo bikes are all white now. Saw the latest model R3 in a shop yesterday - white with a new white 3T fork. Looked very nice!

Dave5N

Über Member
yenrod said:
If Riis had 'gone' when he made the admisson that he EPO'd do you think CSC would still be in cycling...:sad:

No They have a lot of fun in eight years, it's been clear for a while they wanted to move on.

I'll be they reappear at the TofC or elsewhere stateside or far east soon.

Mac66

What! CSC pulling out. When, Who, Why How....? Panic. Better buy some good looking kit quick.

walker

CSC have probably been the most sucessful team of the 00's. I doubt they are pulling out because of the Drugs or anything like that, just they think their time is up and time to move on.

Top Bottom