CTC capitulation?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Here's another view ... We can debate the pros and cons until the cows come home, but the only way to gather some evidence of how it works in the UK is to run the experiment. Sometimes the results run contrary to expectations.

1. We already know what works
2. This is a motor vehicle roundabout, with zero cycling provision. It's scandalous that the money for this was taken from a cycling fund!

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
2. This is a motor vehicle roundabout, with zero cycling provision. It's scandalous that the money for this was taken from a cycling fund!
Sometimes demonstrating that something doesn't work has value in the bigger scheme as well. I'm no fan if these things either and found they were crap in Holland.

OP
OP
ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
What are you doing on here @theclaud ?

Haven't you got a rugby match to be watching?

My Jujitsu instructor (lovely bloke from Cardiff) called a halt to tonight's training early so he could get home in time to watch it...

theclaud

Openly Marxist
What are you doing on here @theclaud ?

Haven't you got a rugby match to be watching?

My Jujitsu instructor (lovely bloke from Cardiff) called a halt to tonight's training early so he could get home in time to watch it...

It'll be on in the boozer so I will either catch the end or just the aftermath...

As mentioned already, either some money is spent on a "nowhere as good as it could be" solution, or nothing gets spent on the roundabout at all. The compromise solution should improve cycling safety a bit. Not as much as if the local authority had put their weight behind insisting on a proper cycling first answer (sadly, that wasn't going to happen in Bedford). But better than nothing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom