CTC Councillor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I've been a member of the CTC for a few years now and today received an email about standing for election as a councillor for London Region. Has anyone been a councillor who could provide advice? Did you feel it a worthwhile experience?

TIA

calibanzwei

Blimey... now that, as they say, is a result! :biggrin:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I was a Councillor for London for three years, and persuaded Greg to follow on after me, for which I cannot imagine he will (or should) ever forgive me.

Just don't. Ask me why next time we meet if you like, but, as I say....just don't.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
PM sent to regulator but even without his answer the advice given both in the thread and by PM is an overwhelming "Don't do it".

So I'm not going to. Based on responses I've had I have to wonder what the future is for the CTC as it's obviously not an organisation to have an active involvement with.

DZ, I'll probably have a chat with you tonight if I end up in your vicinity on the FNRttC.

It was interesting to read the comment in the email about not needing to worry about having to get the required number of nominations from other CTC members, as Head Office would sort that out.

I dare you to ask them which members they'll ask to nominate you!

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
It was interesting to read the comment in the email about not needing to worry about having to get the required number of nominations from other CTC members, as Head Office would sort that out.

I dare you to ask them which members they'll ask to nominate you!
if you can't get ten (or is it twelve) signatures, what on earth are you about?

(later edit) they've cut the requirement to five! If you can't get five signatures, you really shouldn't be allowed to stand!

After retrieving the email from my recycle bin, it was only 5 signatures.

"Our formal procedures require them to be a CTC member and to get signatures on a nomination form from 5 members who live in their region. Please do not let this be an obstacle, we can arrange assistance with the CTC membership and the signatures if required."

It's just it made a nice picture imagining the anguish of the Council being asked to sort out 5 signatures to support Greg. :evil:

sheddy

Legendary Member
Interesting. Has anyone been struck off for not towing the party line ?

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Interesting. Has anyone been struck off for not towing the party line ?
no, but they've had unkind things said about them...........

anyroadup - I'm a member of an affiliated club now. It truly isn't my problem any more.

Top Bottom