Drago
Legendary Member
- Location
- The Urban Fringe
The organisation's name is not changing. They will remain the CTC. The new name is simply one they intend to operate under to try and get some new blood into the organisation, which is no bad thing.
The CTC was exclusive to bicycles,a rebel group broke away and formed the RAC,to support motorists in the same way as the CTC supported cycling
Cycling UK, British Cycling - nothing there to indicate any difference. CTC may have been waning but at least its name did point to a different emphasis. Gone.
It looks like CTC has lost confidence or conviction in its specific role - as such, there is little reason for 2 separate organisations, indeed.Other than jobs for the management teams, i see no need for two separate organisations - one umbrella cycling body representing all strands would seem better.
Shaun spoofed it briefly, I believe.
Can I say 'I told you so...'?
