CTC or British Cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My Mum was worried about me (bless her) when she found out I had no form insurance (legal or third party) with the mileage I do (a lot in her opinion) and I had toyed with the idea of joining one of the above organisations. My mum has offered to pay every year as an ongoing Christmas pressie:smile: Is there any reason I should badger her into the £40 for CTC over £28 for British cycling (she is a pensioner after all and normally spends about £30 quid on me)

Are both memberships as good .... its mainly the insurance and legal cover aspects I want......

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
My Mum was worried about me (bless her) when she found out I had no form insurance (legal or third party) with the mileage I do (a lot in her opinion) and I had toyed with the idea of joining one of the above organisations. My mum has offered to pay every year as an ongoing Christmas pressie:smile: Is there any reason I should badger her into the £40 for CTC over £28 for British cycling (she is a pensioner after all and normally spends about £30 quid on me)

Are both memberships as good .... its mainly the insurance and legal cover aspects I want......

Use this here -> CLICK ME and also check quidco as they usually have an offer on as well and then use them both.

vickster

Legendary Member
Doesn't matter if in London - however can only use the link as a new member, ditto quidco. Can get a few quid off BC membership though if set up a direct debit

OP
OP
simon the viking
You dont need to be in london just use the code TFL13 when you join, I used last years code and I am in Yorkshire and I ended up paying £2.50 for my BC membership after using that and Quidco.

Thanks couldn't see anything on quidco at moment but will look again nearer Christmas

OP
OP
simon the viking
Are you in a club? They'll probably have affiliate status with either BC and/or CTC.

I know mine requires you to have insurance and affiliate membership's about £16.

No not in a club, I can see why they would want it though. I just want it for a bit of piece of mind

OP
OP
simon the viking
Thanks folks I think I will try B.C as that's nearest to my mums budget... so will get her renew it every year as she's always badgering me for what I want for Christmas

I have dithered
I would like to do rides with CTC but they are not near enough for me (maybe when I am fitter) local cycling club is near but distances too long.

So I have no reason to join one or the other CTC or BC
Having retired early I cannot get CTC at pensioner rate though I can get it at unwaged rate (otherwise it's £41). If I could get a really good deal with codes to reduce the cost that might make me take the plunge, The TFL code brings it down tftom £28 to £23.33

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
They offer essentially the same benefits except the CTC gives you a magazine and are a bit more active with campaigning.
I have the BC ride membership and i am happy enough with it .
You can get the cover even cheaper as a ctc affiliate member , is it @dellzeqq who does this very cheap ?

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
You may not need to be a London Cyclist to use the TFL code but personally I wouldnt unless you genuinely are.
British Cyclings underwriters may take a stricter interpretation of the rules should you ever have a third party claim against you.

You may not need to be a London Cyclist to use the TFL code but personally I wouldnt unless you genuinely are.
British Cyclings underwriters may take a stricter interpretation of the rules should you ever have a third party claim against you.
In my case I do stray over the greater London boundary from time to time

Tyke

Agreed the last thing you want is them canceling the insurance just when you need it the most.

Top Bottom