CTC survey on National Cycle Plan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Well I hadn't seen it else where and I have now completed it.

jonesy

Guru
It is also plugged in the CTC members briefing email. Duly completed, certain popular forms of cycling infrastructure given suitably low priority. :rolleyes:

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
The trouble is that asking people like CTC members what they think of well-known pieces of infrastucture isn't actually going to give you a good answer to the question of what will attract current non-cyclists.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
srw said:
The trouble is that asking people like CTC members what they think of well-known pieces of infrastucture isn't actually going to give you a good answer to the question of what will attract current non-cyclists.

They aren't exactly asking that though. From the recent discussions I've had with newer cyclists, training seems to be what they want - giving confidence to ride on paths and on the road.

OP
OP
marinyork

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Baggy said:
They aren't exactly asking that though. From the recent discussions I've had with newer cyclists, training seems to be what they want - giving confidence to ride on paths and on the road.

+1. Steering clear of the controversies and monstrosities of various organisations, I don't see that training could ever be regarded as a waste as a whole generation has missed out on it.

Even born again sustrans nutters I know agree on this.

snorri

Legendary Member
An organisation representing cyclists throughout the UK referring to a plan for England as a National plan, how very misleading.:ohmy:

Top Bottom