Cube Acid 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
http://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductCode=127849

What are your thoughts people? I'm a roadie really but I said to myself at the beginning of the year that I'd like a reasonably good MTB.

Any other suggestions for around this price range? Am only interested in trails, don't want a cross bike so only looking for a Hardtail. The amount above for this bike above is the absolute maximum I'm prepared to spend and only then because it's 0% finance...:ohmy:. I know I can get cheaper for an older bike and if I pay cash but that's not going to happen, so any other options, opinions on this bike or others would be appreciated.

OP
OP
Monsieur Remings
Thanks User, some good advice there and a quick trawl of their site makes for some sobering reading regarding prices. Nice one fella.

Probably looking more at Burrington Coombe and the series of trails in and around the Cheddar area but Ashton Court too. A good second-hand is an option but just putting out the feelers really, seeing what people think.

And yep, there's some good Spesh bikes out there for around the £500 mark too. Tempted by the whole 29er thing too...? Or am I just provoking arguments MTBers just to gain a few extra bits of info before I do or don't take the plunge into what is after all...

...the dark side.

lulubel

Über Member
I've just bought a Cube HT, and it's a lovely bike (2 rides on it so far).

Take a look at my thread the new bike has arrived for all the details, if you want. Mine is a slightly higher spec because it's a 2012 model, but I paid about the same as you're looking at.

If you're prepared to buy mail order from abroad, Bike-Discount.de (who I bought mine from) have the 2012 version of that bike for nearly £200 less. There would be a bit of shipping to pay, and their finance isn't 0% (they quote 8.9% APR), but it would still probably work out cheaper than the one you linked.

Top Bottom