Cube attain sl vs giant avail

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hl91

Hi I’m new ish to biking and am looking at 3 bikes one is a 2018 cube attain sl or giant avail 1 2016 or giant contend sl1 not sure on year 2018 ish, what would you go for? And why? Any advice appreciated cheers

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
I would personally go with the cube because they give you the full 105 setup. where as the other two use off brand parts as a cost cutting measure.. Not that FSA cranksets are bad. They are very good but some might prefer to have a full matching setup rather than a mishmash of parts.

The Tektro TK-R540 brakes on two of the bikes arent that good but changing the pads on them to kool stop brake pads will give you a bit more braking power until you get faster/stronger on the bike and decide to upgrade them. 105 5800/5801 brakes are definitely stronger.

OP
OP
H

hl91

I would personally go with the cube because they give you the full 105 setup. where as the other two use off brand parts as a cost cutting measure.. Not that FSA cranksets are bad. They are very good but some might prefer to have a full matching setup rather than a mishmash of parts.

The Tektro TK-R540 brakes on two of the bikes arent that good but changing the pads on them to kool stop brake pads will give you a bit more braking power until you get faster/stronger on the bike and decide to upgrade them. 105 5800/5801 brakes are definitely stronger.
Thank you so much for the advice 🙂 The Cube is my favourite out of them all.

vickster

Legendary Member
Check theyre all the right size/geometry as you mention a wsd bike, the Avail and two men’s/unisex models

Top Bottom