Cube Attempt - Yes/No?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
redjedi

redjedi

Über Member
I think you lot have been having words with my Mum. Even she thinks I should go the extra step and get a really nice bike.

Thinking about it, it does make sense. This bike would have to last me a couple of years at least (whilst I pay it off) and hopefully longer, and I don't want to be left thinking "what if".

I'm also not really drawn to the Cube. Although a nice/comfortable bike it's not making my heart flutter like my late Bianchi.

Now the Colnagos on the other hand ;)

comp_prim_BRD9.jpg

Even if it is their lowest in the range, and eventually I could do a Campag conversion...again.

And if I can get a really good deal

comp_arte_WRL9.jpg

Now my heads been turned, I think I'll be disappointed with the Cube.

Ahhhhh I hate making these sorts of decisions.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Hahaha :smile:

The top one there's nice looking IMHO - is that the cheaper of the 2? (if there is such a way a Colnago can be described as cheaper)

OP
OP
redjedi

redjedi

Über Member
The top one is the cheapie one at only a grand :smile: (with Tiagra or £1300 with 105)

The bottom one is the same frame but with carbon seatstays and Ultegra components and better wheels (£1800)

I might go for the £1000 version with the plan of up-grading to Campag later on (alot later on :biggrin: ).

I think the wheels I'm getting off a mate are good quality Mavics, but I won't know for a another week, so they would be an instant up-grade.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I'd go for the grand one, I think. You will be able to flog the stock wheels on eBay for an instant feel-less-guilty-about-spending kick :smile:

Looks a mighty nice bike to me... will you be able to collect it (if purchased) and get a few miles getting used to it, before the Dynamo?

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
ah, you're not finished yet Red, the bike's one thing but you'll need some other gear to go with the shoes. Another £500 on kit should see you looking good enough to ride the bike:evil:

OP
OP
redjedi

redjedi

Über Member
MacBludgeon said:
ah, you're not finished yet Red, the bike's one thing but you'll need some other gear to go with the shoes. Another £500 on kit should see you looking good enough to ride the bike:evil:

:smile: are you saying I don't look good? Surely everyone looks good on a Colnago.

Silver shoes and white/silver helmet. What colour should the rest be? Can you get silver shorts?

iLB

Hello there
redjedi said:
:smile: are you saying I don't look good? Surely everyone looks good on a Colnago.

Silver shoes and white/silver helmet. What colour should the rest be? Can you get silver shorts?

funnily enough a guy on the club run was sporting silver assos shorts on his new Ridley Noah check out some of their bikes if your going down the expensive route, they look soooo nice and you can customize all of the different colours on the paintwork, as well as bar tape, wheels and tyres :biggrin::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue: do it :smile::biggrin:;)

another funny coincidence is that i was in a bike shop earlier today looking at the colnago arte (bottom one), it looked very very very nice... :smile:

i hope this doesnt make your decision making any harder... :smile:

iLB

Hello there
Aperitif said:
Others have put the nudge on red - try a Specialized - Ultegra for a touch over £2000..:biggrin: Throw your CTC card at Cycle Surgery and they'll give you a 10% discount - will they not?

not if he throws it at them :smile:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Thinking about it RJ, the Cube is better specced for similar £'s. Depends how bothered you are about 105 & Ultegra Vs Tiagra :biggrin: I am not too familiar with Shimano groupsets but have heard Tiagra is perfectly decent gear and that Colnago is sooo pretty... I dunno what I'd do :blush:

Top Bottom