Cube LTD CLS Pro Vs GT Transeo 3.0 disk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TimC

I found a decent deal on a GT Transeo 3.0 disk from Evans and bought it last week cos' it looks like such a good deal (lockout forks, disks, ok gears) for only £300.

From various forum posts I know it's a little heavy but having received it I am surprised at just how heavy it is...

The alternative is to return to Evans and get the Cube LTD CLS Pro which is £100 more, it has better gears but no disks (not overly bothered about that). According to the stats online the frame weight of the Cube is 1.8kg, but annoyingly I can't find any specified equivalent frame weight for the GT. Does anyone have any idea of how to find that out?

Or to put it more concisely, is it worth the extra £100 for the Cube?

The Cube is 30lb which isn't exactly light - personally I'd make do with the GT as it can't be that much heavier.

OP
OP
TimC

TimC

thanks, it looks like the GT is as good as it gets for that price, but it is annoying that there is no standard weight comparison, even from suppliers who stock both bikes (i.e. chain reaction).

I may get some scales and try to weigh the GT to compare (although it is an XL frame, so it it will be heavier anyway)...

OP
OP
TimC

TimC

Just in case anyone wants the info about the weight of a GT transeo 3.0 disk - the XL frame weighs 14.5Kg (sans pedals) - which is slightly over 1Kg more then the Small frame weight of the cube LTD - so balls to it, I'm keeping the GT.
Superb for £300, totally fulfills my needs and saves me £100!

Top advice Pete - cheers.

Top Bottom