Cube Peloton Race 2014 size 56

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
For sale is my Cube Peloton Race 2014 road bike in black red and white. It's in excellent condition mechanically, lovingly cleaned and serviced/maintained. You only have to look at the number of threads about this bike on this forum to appreciate what a nice bike it is.

cubepelotonrace2014012.jpg

I've owned it for just over a year and as I do most of my leisure riding on MTBs this has been used for some sporadic commuting and a few hundred miles of leisure riding.

Full spec is:
Cube RFR aluminium frame, size 56cm. Semi-sloping, internal cables
Fork is cube race Carbon with tapered steerer in a tapered head tube
Shimano 105 compact cranks, 50/34
10 speed cassette, 11-32
Shimano 105 front mech
Shimano 105 shifters
Shiomano 105 brakes
Shimano 105 GS rear mech
Wheelset is Mavic Aksium, built with bladed aero spokes
Tyres are the original Mavic Aksion 700cx25
Bars are Cube Aero with a nice flat section across the tops
Seatpost and stem are both Cube performance stuff, and the saddle is the original Cube/Selle Italia offering, brand new as I took it off before I ever rode it and stored it.
It weighs 8.7kg on my scales.

The only variation from standard is the chainring bolts. I hate Shimano slotted ones so replaced them with aerozine bolts which are fastened with hex keys front and back.
I've also added brand new Deda Elementi Carbon bar tape for that box-fresh feel.

It's fast, stiff and responsive, with a kindly geometry that has let an old knacker like me ride for three or four metric tons without issue.

It has a few marks which I've shown in the pictures below. You are unlikely to find a nicer example than this, (unless it's been stored from new). This is priced to sell at £575 or sensible offers. I'll deliver it in reasonable distance, or we can arrange a courier between us.

cubepelotonrace2014002.jpg
cubepelotonrace2014006.jpg
cubepelotonrace2014018.jpg
cubepelotonrace2014011.jpg
cubepelotonrace2014026.jpg
cubepelotonrace2014024.jpg
cubepelotonrace2014021.jpg
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/emilysdad/media/cubepelotonrace2014010.jpg.html

cubepelotonrace2014008.jpg cubepelotonrace2014010.jpg
cubepelotonrace2014007.jpg

Flaws : Paint missing where I caught it with a screwdriver removing the mudguards
cubepelotonrace2014025.jpg

Heel rub which is now helitaped
cubepelotonrace2014029.jpg

Scuffed brifter (wall scars)
cubepelotonrace2014033.jpg

Scuff on fork
cubepelotonrace2014005.jpg

Minute paint chip middle of top tube
cubepelotonrace2014017.jpg

Heel rub on chainset
cubepelotonrace2014009.jpg

Geoff Crowther

"... travel far, not fast", Ted Simon
Nice bike. I have the Peloton Pro. First roadie and I am very pleased with it - and the Race is a better spec.
Good luck with the sale.

OP
OP
Cubist

Cubist

Still wavin'
Amazed there's no interest in this....you won't find a nicer one.

Price reduced to £540 or near offers. I'll chuck in a few bits and pieces like a genuine Cube bottle and holder, and a few other sweeteners, and I'll deliver it personally and make sure it fits within reasonable distance of West Yorks or Birmingham.

Top Bottom