Cube Peloton Race/SL Triple 2012 Size 58

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Owned since February 2012 is this Cube Peloton SL/Race . It is full Peloton Race Spec, but on an SL frame.
CubePelotonSLRace002.jpg

Basically I ordered a Race Spec bike, but the model was so popular it sold out on pre-order that year. The importers couldn't sell the next model up, the Peloton SL, so put Race Spec kit on the SL frames. This is therefore in a pretty rare Black, White Green paint job, and differs from the next model up by the shifters and front mech only.
CubePelotonSLRace005.jpg

Spec is awesome as all Cubes are, with a semi-sloping frame, in Cube's own 58cm sizing, generally accepted as 2cm smaller than quoted. This will therefore fit you if you are a long-legged 5'10" to a standard-legged 6'1" or so. Geometry is reasonably relaxed, with a longish cockpit.

Full spec list:
Frame Cube RFR double butted aluminium superlite. Black, Green and White
Bars Easton Aero Wing profile
Shifters/brakes Shimano 105
Stem Easton 100mm 8 deg
Fork Carbon CL, tapered 1 1/8 to 1 1/2
Brakes Shimano 105
Wheels Easton EA30 Aero
Tyres brand new Shimano Lugano kevlar protected 700c x 23
Saddle Selle Italia X1
Chainset Shimano 105 Triple, 50 39 30
Front Mech Shimano 105 10 spd triple
Rear Mech Shimano Ultegra
Cassette Shimano 10 speed 12-28
Internal cable routing
Seatpost Easton EA50

It's in fantastic condition, with three or four paint chips from where it fell onto a dry stone wall, see pictures. I put helitape on the usual cable rub points. There is a bit of heel rub and a couple of nicks in the arms of the crankset, but of course this doesn't affect performance. I rode it all year round with mudguards and kept the paintwork waxed, so the overall finish is still glossy.
CubePelotonSLRace042.jpg
CubePelotonSLRace043.jpg

The original tyres were cutting up, so in honour of the sale I've put brand new Shimano Luganos on following various recommendations. They've never touched tarmac.
CubePelotonSLRace013.jpg
Brand new pearly white silicon grip bar tape for that box fresh feel. Plenty of life left in the brake blocks, and the chain is well under the .75% wear.
CubePelotonSLRace033.jpg

I rode it with a Charge Spoon for most of it's life with me, and so the original Selle Italia X1 saddle has a few light marks from being against a wall.

Basically it's been used for some sporadic commuting. I spent most of the year and a half I owned it struggling to ride with a bad hip, so there's every chance this hasn't even done 500 miles. I do far more miles on MTBs for leisure, so this is pretty low mileage, as you can tell by the original chain etc.. I love fettling and tiffling, so this is spotless and well serviced. It has a few light marks here and there so cannot be described as mint, but if you go and look at this photobucket album you'll see some detailed photos showing just how nice it is.
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/emilysdad/library/Cube Peloton Race SL

The original Peloton Race sells for about £650-675 on the 'bay. I'll start off asking for £699, given its condition and unique-(ish) colourscheme.

OP
OP
Cubist

Cubist

Still wavin'
Price reduced to £650 or offers, I'll eBay it at the weekend if it doesn't sell.......

Top Bottom