Cube pentelton race or Agree

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scavenger1

Regular
Been looking for a new bike and a few good offers on cube . The pentelton race looks good for £699 but is the agree a better buy for hundred pound more .

Broadside

Guru
There are 2 or 3 models for the Peloton and Agree. Some links to what you are looking at would be helpful.

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
At that price i'm assuming it's the peloton race 2014 vs the agree gtc 2014
I had this decision recently- they both weigh in at a similar weight, you get to choose between high quality alu with high spec vs low grade carbon with low(er) components.
I personally would go for the peloton due to the nicer wheels and I really dislike the Tiagra pie dish crankset on the Agree -opinion only.

vickster

Legendary Member
The geometry is different, go ride and see which you prefer and suits you better, more relaxed vs more aggressive

OP
OP
S

Scavenger1

Regular
At that price i'm assuming it's the peloton race 2014 vs the agree gtc 2014
I had this decision recently- they both weigh in at a similar weight, you get to choose between high quality alu with high spec vs low grade carbon with low(er) components.
I personally would go for the peloton due to the nicer wheels and I really dislike the Tiagra pie dish crankset on the Agree -opinion only.
Thanks very helpful

SteCenturion

I am your Father
I have the 2014 Cube Peloton Race.

It's a very nice bike (the welds look a bit ugly though) when compared to some other brands like Cannondale & Specialized for example.

The 105 is very good, nice crisp gear changes & it is quite light for it's spec (aluminium & 105).

If I had the choice again though, I would probably go for the Agree carbon, yes it is lower tier Tiagra, but use it for a couple of years, then change the group set to 11 speed 105 & sell the old group off, you then have an excellent mid range bike.

FWIW, the head tube & geometry of the Peloton are taller & more relaxed than those of the Agree.

Many say that the frames come up on the small size when compared to other brands, but at 6ft I got the 58cm, which fits fine, despite being advised in store to get the 60cm frame.

Cyclist33

I have the 2014 Cube Peloton Race.

It's a very nice bike (the welds look a bit ugly though) when compared to some other brands like Cannondale & Specialized for example.

The 105 is very good, nice crisp gear changes & it is quite light for it's spec (aluminium & 105).

If I had the choice again though, I would probably go for the Agree carbon, yes it is lower tier Tiagra, but use it for a couple of years, then change the group set to 11 speed 105 & sell the old group off, you then have an excellent mid range bike.

FWIW, the head tube & geometry of the Peloton are taller & more relaxed than those of the Agree.

Many say that the frames come up on the small size when compared to other brands, but at 6ft I got the 58cI

Joffey

Big Dosser
My mate bought a Cube Peloton, 1500 miles in and hes had to buy new wheels, he's only light be the back wheel is goosed. He's had other problems with the BB too. I'd stay away.

jim55

Guru
^^ really! Iv got one and it's been fine , no prob at all the wheels are mavik Aksiums , by all accounts not bad , if ur mates bent it it must b a lemon , I'm 90 kg so not a lightweight and it's as true as when I got it

The bb is a Shimano unit that's fine also , loadsa people use them so I don't think there's anything wrong with parts

Top Bottom