Cube pricing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PKF361

Recently looked into buying a Cube Agree C:62 SLT Disc 2019.

In the UK the price is £3,499 yet in Germany, Holland, Belgium and Ireland the price is €3,299 which equates to £2834.98 with free delivery. When i spoke to the cube shop, they said it’s a question for the cube rep when he next appears.
When i asked cube direct via email over a week ago, surprise!!! NO RESPONSE

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I'll bet it's due to Brexit :smile:. Or maybe just that Cube want to shaft the Brits.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
The UK is regarded by business as a high price, high margin market and the customer is exploited accordingly. If you don't like it, why not buy via Ireland, it's an English-speaking country. or wait and buy the same thing end-of-season at a hefty discount when the 2020 models appear?
Some years ago I discovered I could buy a current-model British-built car from Italy 15% cheaper than I could buy the same car from the UK! Makers price their goods at what they believe the local/national market will bear, not on a build cost + % profit basis.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
It's got nothing to do with Brexit either! :laugh: In fact a proper no-deal Brexit without giving those EU crooks any of our Taxpayer money and obeying their regulations could actually make a lot of stuff built in the Far-East cheaper - as the Common External Tariff applied to Rest of the World goods would be removed.

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm talking about a RHD, UK spec car not a grey import or a LHD conversion. Retail pricing for many goods in the UK is a total rip-off.
I think he might have been jesting about right hand drive bikes:laugh:

OP
OP
P

PKF361

VAT higher than those countries' sales taxes on new bikes?

Buy it from an overseas website before 29 March

https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy...MIs9DZ1PqJ4QIVCrDtCh2CMQ5KEAQYAyABEgJ6dPD_BwE
bike-discount.de are selling today £2902.38 delivered but don't have my size. I have actually bought one from another German company called Biker-boarder.de for £2834.96 after all credit card charges and conversion from euros to Pounds Sterling, Result. My Local retailer says that Bike-Discount.de can get frames etc that no other Cube retailer can get. Cube UK are £665.03 MORE EXPENSIVE, that's means I saved 19% on the UK price.

OP
OP
P

PKF361

Right hand drive ones are more expensive.
Cars are different. Both my brother and I bought the same car, he bought his RHD in Germany and I bought mine in the UK. HIs car was cheaper but he spent over £1000 to get it to the same spec as mine. The Cube Agree C:62 SLT Disc have the same spec. The UK rrp £3499 and the rest of Europe 3,299 Euros which equates to £2835 approx. due to Euro/Pound fluctuations. Europe is 19% cheaper. Rip Off Britain

OP
OP
P

PKF361

The UK is regarded by business as a high price, high margin market and the customer is exploited accordingly. If you don't like it, why not buy via Ireland, it's an English-speaking country. or wait and buy the same thing end-of-season at a hefty discount when the 2020 models appear?
Some years ago I discovered I could buy a current-model British-built car from Italy 15% cheaper than I could buy the same car from the UK! Makers price their goods at what they believe the local/national market will bear, not on a build cost + % profit basis.
The Irish company told me that Cube don't allow them to the UK. It's no good waiting till later in the year because this particular bike won't be available. I did get my Cube Attain SL Disc bike for 50% off rrp by waiting until the end of season.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Maybe it is more expensive to do business in the UK.

I don't somehow see Germany as a low-cost, low-regulation country to do business from, do you? Business in the UK tends to have the attitude that it has a God-given right to be able to charge high prices, whilst often also being inefficient and shambolic in it's operations, in order to maintain good profits no matter how badly run. And the executives of such companies also expect fat rewards, even for failure and big payoffs for the really spectacular failures that result in them leaving the company.
Take the Supermarket sector; management-heavy organisational structures and inefficient , but still pretty profitable. Until Aldi & Lidl turned up on our shores and gave them a nosebleed by selling the same (or better in many cases) quality goods often a third cheaper, yet still turning a profit.

Top Bottom