Cube Travel SL review

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slomo

Hi, I bought this bike 7 months ago and thought I'd post a quick review.

I bought it for a short commute to replace a Boardman bike I was having trouble with.

I chose this because it had dynamo lights, Gates belt drive and Alfine hub gears as well as mudguards and rack. So weatherproof I thought.

I got it from Leisure Lake Bikes.com as it was £200 off. It came quickly, built up correctly and ready to go.

I've been using it every weekday since then and I really like it. The hub gears and belt drive take a bit of getting used to - they don't feel as sporty as the Boardman, the bike feels slower - but they are ideal for my use.

Now with the dark days I can say I really love the dynamo lights. They are brighter than my usual battery ones and are fixed permanently to the bike - a lot better.

So as long as you are looking for a practical commuter I would consider this. An added benefit is that because it's heavy - around 14kg - and I live up a hill my legs have got stronger for my weekend rides on my racer.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
A few pics might be nice..

Hi, I bought this bike 7 months ago and thought I'd post a quick review.

I bought it for a short commute to replace a Boardman bike I was having trouble with.

I chose this because it had dynamo lights, Gates belt drive and Alfine hub gears as well as mudguards and rack. So weatherproof I thought.

I got it from Leisure Lake Bikes.com as it was £200 off. It came quickly, built up correctly and ready to go.

I've been using it every weekday since then and I really like it. The hub gears and belt drive take a bit of getting used to - they don't feel as sporty as the Boardman, the bike feels slower - but they are ideal for my use.

Now with the dark days I can say I really love the dynamo lights. They are brighter than my usual battery ones and are fixed permanently to the bike - a lot better.

So as long as you are looking for a practical commuter I would consider this. An added benefit is that because it's heavy - around 14kg - and I live up a hill my legs have got stronger for my weekend rides on my racer.
My bike weighs half that snd my legs still ache :laugh:

OP
OP
S

Slomo

Here's a picture. All I've done is cut the bars from 70cm wide to about 60cm, put on spd peddles, and added a mud flap that I had found. Also a mirror and a computer (for the time, not the speed).

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    250.8 KB · Views: 591
Top Bottom