Cuckoo spit bugs?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
Went for a stroll earlier and the cuckoo foam stuff was all over. Isn’t it unusual for the fly hopper bugs to be morphing with their 3 stage life cycle at the end of December?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
My spring bulbs are sprouting, and an apple tree has buds already.
I think it's the effects of climate change.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Interesting stuff. I’ve seen the yellow flowers you speak of sprouting in my back garden today. How come in the late 70’s they thought an ice age was coming?
IMG_3550.jpeg

fritz katzenjammer

Der Ubergrosserbudgie
My friend says he read in the Epoch Times that global warming is a myth. It also told him that Covid vaccines are dangerous and that Donald Trump is a swell guy… ( driving my BS-o-meter off the scale )

I’ll vote global warming is real based on the flowers in my front garden at the end of December…

in Canada…?

picture taken within the last few days.
IMG_0189.jpeg

How come in the late 70’s they thought an ice age was coming?

30 seconds will debunk that.
https://time.com/5670942/time-magazine-ice-age-cover-hoax/
or
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_cooling
Specifically, from the Wiki article:
Some press reports in the 1970s speculated about continued cooling; these did not accurately reflect the scientific literature of the time,
That's hardly a strange concept in this day and age.

You're perfectly free to believe in whatever you like. However, once you step over the line and start posting bullshoot you're no longer neutral and become part of the problem.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
My friend says he read in the Epoch Times that global warming is a myth. It also told him that Covid vaccines are dangerous and that Donald Trump is a swell guy… ( driving my BS-o-meter off the scale )

I’ll vote global warming is real based on the flowers in my front garden at the end of December…

in Canada…?

picture taken within the last few days.
View attachment 717435

Well let’s hope Trump doesn’t get in again as predicted then.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Global warming is real but without humans the planet would still go through the warming/cooling cycles .
The current rate of change is unprecedented. The scientific debated ended at least a decade ago.

The only people denying climate change are from the oil and automotive industries with their associated cronies. Sadly they are so good at it people still think buying petrol engined cars and taking long haul flights is a reasonable thing to do .

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Interesting stuff. I’ve seen the yellow flowers you speak of sprouting in my back garden today. How come in the late 70’s they thought an ice age was coming?
View attachment 717434

It's Time magazine. Are they 'experts' or 'journalists'?

either way... they're just looking at recent climate trends and '77 is exactly recent anymore.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Thought they were froghopper beetle larvae. But I took had noticed changes. This morning magpies were demonstrating courtship behaviour in a tree to the back of our house.
But I'm sure the climate change deniers will persist...

Top Bottom