Curious Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm so glad that yesterdays bout of dizziness has gone (so dizzy, I thought I'd turned blonde!!)

When I woke up, about 03:30, it was as though the 'horizontal hold' had gone with my eyesight (for those who remember televisions having that problem)
I just thought that I'd sat up too quickly, whilst getting out of bed (Postural Hypotension)

I ended up staggering about, leaning on walls, & practically crawling, waking 'management' up.
Joanne thought it was low blood-sugar, but I'd eaten similar amounts/food to any other day, so I've discounted that.

So, had to ring in sick to work, as I'm on my feet all day
Plus, I didn't trust myself to get there safely
If I was on bike, I'd have fallen off, & done some damage to the bike (& me)
Driving would possibly have been dangerous for others?
Running may have seen me stagger into the road??

I felt unsteady most of Thursday, but seemed fine this morning.

Wasn't sure if it was linked to the Tinnitus that I've had for a couple of months (& had an MRI scan for)

What is a very curious factor is my eyesight.
Over the past 2-3 weeks, it's seemed a bit fuzzy at times, with my having to concentrate & look closely at written words, in order to read them.
Today, it's as clear as it was before, with the smallest text being easily legible

Then again, it could just be old age...........

I know that it's in no way alcohol related, as I've been tee-total, since passing my driving test in 1983

vickster

Legendary Member
Go see a doctor or an optometrist...

gbb

Legendary Member
You're not on any medication are you ?
My current ones are prone to giving the patient visual disturbances.
Thats a wierd thing to experience though, i remember very well my old TVs rolling...can't imagine how wierd that'd be within your head.
Migraine would be my guess, but thats all it'd be...a guess.

Thanks folks!

The episode only lasted for about an hour after I got up (went back to bed after phoning work, didn't wake-up/get-up till 11:30!!)

Nothing further to report, as it was fine Friday, & I even ran to work yesterday (circa 04:45), with no issues

One of the Nurses who had heard that I was off, & was offering me a 'full service'................ not sure what she meant though.............:angel:

wait4me

Veteran
Thanks folks!

The episode only lasted for about an hour after I got up (went back to bed after phoning work, didn't wake-up/get-up till 11:30!!)

Nothing further to report, as it was fine Friday, & I even ran to work yesterday (circa 04:45), with no issues

One of the Nurses who had heard that I was off, & was offering me a 'full service'................ not sure what she meant though.............:angel:

Just had a very similar experience while on holiday in Turkey. 5 days in hospital calmed things down so I got a "fit to fly" letter. Then a visit to my GP came up with an inner ear infection. These can take up to 3 weeks to clear up and is a viral infection so antibiotics are of no help.
Hope this may help.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Labrynthitis?

trj977

Über Member
Definitely worth checking with your GP, in the meantime have a look at this http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Menieres-disease/Pages/Introduction.aspx my mother has just had this diagnosis and many of the symptoms seem to be similar to the one you are experiencing
+1 on this.

I am not medically trained but have suffered from Menieres disease for approximately 40 years.
Fortunately the "attacks" have decreased to the extent that I cannot remember the last time I had one! However my hearing in one ear is practically non-existent due to the permanent tinnitus. One thing I noticed was that just prior to an attack the pitch of the tinnitus used to change quiet dramatically.

Good luck.

Top Bottom