Curiouser and curiouser

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
This is a tale of two bikes, l couldn't compete with the big money on this onehttp://www.ebay.fr/itm/132128602286?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT but l was successful in bidding for this onehttp://www.ebay.fr/itm/272593438090?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
thats the good news .....the bad news is that the Moser seller says that he can't send me the bike "because it has been stolen" Now l am a trusting sort of bloke but this just doesn't ring true to me, mainly because l think l won the auction with a bid which did not reflect the value of the bike ! Has anyone got a view on this sorry tale:sad:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I suspect you're right, bid not high enough and he's too tight to have set a reserve.

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
eBay has a pretty good resolution system. They take this sort of thing quite seriously because it damages user's faith in eBay. I should send the seller a message saying you don't accept his story are will pursue it, then immediately lodge it as an issue with eBay.
I did create a bit of noise with eBay but eventually they said that they feel that the seller is inexperienced with eBay protocol and they let him off and at the same time cheekily (l thought) told me there was no need for further action. This one goes in the file marked " buyer beware":angry:

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Thats kind of you and the Moser looks a decent bike for the price, Not sure if it might be a bit big for me , l haven't ridden anything above 55cm seat tube.
I will see if l can borrow a 57cm bike around here and give it a go. I have no idea at the moment what shipping to France would be but will make a few enquiries and l guess the seller of the bike would have to be willing to go to the trouble of shipping .

Drago

Legendary Member
I did create a bit of noise with eBay but eventually they said that they feel that the seller is inexperienced with eBay protocol and they let him off and at the same time cheekily (l thought) told me there was no need for further action. This one goes in the file marked " buyer beware":angry:

They shouldn't have ticked the "I agree" box then.

Keep an eye out, and when he offers it for sale again in the future you can report the stolen bike to eBay.

Top Bottom