Current affairs

Shaun

Founder
Hello everyone,

I've taken the feedback on board in relation to current affairs discussion on CycleChat, and whilst I stand by my decision to close the politics sub-forum, there is clearly an appetite for conversations around news and current events so I am going to look at how we can introduce it without going back to what we had before.

You have made some good suggestions and hopefully we can re-shape both the discussion and moderation to make it work better; but it needs to be different and it needs members to accept that people have different views and discussion of issues is not about point scoring or winning or reaching a specific end point, but about sharing, informing, exploring, educating and sometimes simply accepting that someone's viewpoint, whilst different, can be equally as valid as your own.

We will also look at how we can make the moderation clearer, with more leeway and less editing and deleting, but with harder red lines; the trade off is that we will expect less fallout on the rest of the forum and if there is it will be dealt with more summarily.

It is going to take a few days to work through, so please be patient in the meantime.

Thanks,
Shaun

Top Bottom