Curried Goat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
'The Vic’/Vinnie G’s
Manor Road
(at the Storrs Hill end)
Ossett
Wakefield

We were told about this pub (by daughters b/f)
It sells Caribbean food!:okay:
Joanne, Amelia, my parents, Sam (Amelia’s boyfriend) & myself went earlier this evening

I’d certainly recommend the Curried Goat!!
Only disappointment was, that dumplings weren’t available
We will return

https://www.facebook.com/thevicossett/

IMG_6958.jpeg

IMG_6959.jpeg

IMG_6960.jpeg

Sam also told us, whilst we were there about a dessert diner in Wakefield
So, Joanne & myself, called on our way home
By the time I’d eaten it, l wished we hadn’t!
(She only ate part of hers)

Rassams
Mulberry Way
WestGate
Wakefield
(opposite WestGate railway station)

IMG_6963.jpeg

I had the Waffle
IMG_6962.jpeg

https://rassams.co.uk/rassams-creamery-wakefield/

Last edited:

gbb

Legendary Member
My son particularly liked curried goat, cooked locally by a Caribbean fella. Never tried it I must admit.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
only been to one Caribbean place, it took about 4-5 hours for 3 courses as they were that slow .

On a side note the new term for people being "goat" means i can think of a fair few where turning them into curry might make them a bit more useful.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I bought a goat leg at Christmas and marinated it Caribbean styleee for 48 hours before low and slow in the oven.
Served with Rice 'n' Peas and washed-it down with Red Stripe and Ginger beer shandy - it was the best Christmas lunch I've ever cooked!

Big fans of goat and Mutton in this house!

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Off into Oban early. Can begin to understand why cyclists get abuse sometimes.
On the A85 during rush hour with people heading for work a cyclist struggling uphill on a winding narrow road with double white lines for long distances causing massive tailbacks. Doing nothing wrong but there is a wide pavement with no peds often used illegally by cyclists to avoid the danger on this road. Never heard of anyone getting stopped by police for doing this. No idea why it does not get official dual use status.
There happened to be one parking space outside a barber so stopped there. You have to be good at reversing into tiny spots parallel to the pavement to live here. Looking in the mirror a stranger now looks back at me.
Audiology phoned while I was in town so now got a refurbished hearing aid.
Shopping mostly done to save time in the morning.
Salen Show tomorrow which is 8 miles from home. In contrast to Bunessan 55 miles away being the nicest show this one on my doorstep is the worst. Don’t ask.

Top Bottom