1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Curry or chinese?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by longers, 26 Aug 2007.

1. longers

longers Veteran

Quick please because I'm going to have a wash then go and walk round and order something! ;)

I have been tyrying to decide for the last 15 miles or so and still have no idea what I prefer tonight.

2. Hover Fly

Hover Fly Lover of the bunny

Chinese

3. Maggot

Maggot Star of BBC 5Lives Ballot Box Brigade

Chicken Biriani, garlic naan. Sauce at madras level of hotness. Maybe some sag aloo and onion bhaji as well.

Or, Chinese Hot and Spicy spare ribs and chips. It's kind of a clash of cultures, East meets West sort of thing.

4. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Yes please! Sorry, I thought you were offering. ;)

Hmm... difficult. Noodles with chicken, ginger and garlic, or a Chicken or prawn Balti, with sag aloo, keema naan, vegetable curry. And that's just for starters! :sad:

Hope you don't enjoy it too much; I've just inflicted myself with a bit of culinary torture. :smile:

5. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

Curry:

Lamb Saag, pilau rice, pakoras, garlic naan, kingfisher beer.

Bewdiful.

6. longers

longers Veteran

Thanks peeps, that were quick.

Still no idea what I prefer, I think I'll do a Bisto kid and see where my nose takes me.

7. Joe

Joe Über Member

Veggie vindaloo every time!

8. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Difficult decision but the way I feel at the moment Chicken Madras would go down very well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Ceedee

Ceedee Senior Member

Lamb and spinach!

10. Steve Austin

Steve Austin The Marmalade Kid

Chicken Jalfrezi, sag aloo, aloo gobi, and some channa chat please

nearly forgot. pilau rice, and a naan too.
    cheers

11. longers

longers Veteran

Sorry but I couldn't carry all your orders but I did get a Special Satay Vermicelli for myself and some prawn toast. Quite nice it is too ;).

12. dan_bo

dan_bo How much does it cost to Oldham?

I've gone right off takeaway chinese food-round here at least. get yourself a Lamb Nehari form t' spicy hut and be happy.

13. stevenb

stevenb New Member

Chinese makes me have a bad gut due to the monosodium glutemate, hydrogenated fats. Can only eat fresh cooked restaurnat chinese...not takeaways...same goes for Curry's ;)....either, either, or really.

14. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

there was an obvious answer - both! I had both at the weekend, think I enjoyed the Indian more but there's a lot of testing to be done before I hastily jump to conclusions.

15. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

If I have chinese I like Singapore style noodles, mmmm. Tasty.

When I was on holiday in France last year there was a chinese restaurant on the sea front (the 'Promenade des Anglaise(!)) and imagine my shock when I saw on the table a bottle of 'cock sauce' amongst the condiments. Well...I had to try it and it was very nice. My girlfriend was laughing quite a lot.