Custom build me a bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

macp

Guru
Afternoon all

So in my (currently) never ending quest I was wondering if there was a company who could build me a bike to the spec I want. Im not talking hand built frame & wheels or anything like that. To give you an example here are a few thoughts. Oh by the way I dont have a shed or a garage so I cant build it myself and as I am working regularly I dont really have the chance.

So I would love a vivid colour frame, bright green or orange in steel or aluminium. I only really need two or three gears. A front rack or the option to have one would be great. Half moustache bars with brown ergo grips and Brooks or similar saddle. Brakes, well as long as they are decent I can leave that up to them. Tyres would be something like a minimum of 32c. Hopefully it wont be too heavy which for me would be anything above around 12kg.

So thats about it I think. Not too challenging I would hope ?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
If you would like an orange frame check out Planet X's Holdsworth range.
All rather nice and good price too.

vickster

Legendary Member
Last edited:
OP
OP
macp

macp

Guru
Job done then 👍
Well only if they can build what I want. They seem to major in single speeds and some multi speed with derailleur.

vickster

Legendary Member
Well only if they can build what I want. They seem to major in single speeds and some multi speed with derailleur.
Get a non single speed frameset, the parts for say a 1x10 and ask your LBS to build :okay: or just go SS if you only need 2 gears. Or just get that Brompton. :ph34r:

All uphill

Still rolling along
Do you know anyone, maybe from a local cycle club, who currently has the time and skill to build you a bike at a low cost?

I'm currently building my second bike during this shutdown and loving it. Is there someone like me near you?

OP
OP
macp

macp

Guru
Get a non single speed frameset, the parts for say a 1x10 and ask your LBS to build :okay: or just go SS if you only need 2 gears. Or just get that Brompton. :ph34r:
I will have a look around at the local LBS and see if they are interested/can do it.

You know I keep looking at the Brompton and coming away and then looking again. But I just dont need a folder and im concerned they are just too compromised for what I need. It seems people buy them predominantly for the fold and mostly that is what you are paying for.

OP
OP
macp

macp

Guru
Do you know anyone, maybe from a local cycle club, who currently has the time and skill to build you a bike at a low cost?

I'm currently building my second bike during this shutdown and loving it. Is there someone like me near you?
Im afraid I dont but perhaps I should reach out which I tend to avoid. Posting on a forum is easy though.

Top Bottom