Customisable route planner for European trip

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RailNorth

I'm thinking about going to France/Spain/Portugal over the winter. I don't have any fixed destinations. I want to plan my journey to see how far I can get and what AirBnBs are available. Is there a train planer that lets me choose local-only trains, as the ones I'm trying (Google, SNCF, DB) either try to get me on a TGV or won't give me a route for which I can't buy an online ticket. Any suggestions?

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Seat 61 is a good train planner.

https://www.seat61.com/index-mobile.htm

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
DB is good for figuring out routes because you can deselect ICE/TGV. You then might have to figure out how to get the train operator to sell you the right ticket if DB can't. Some Spanish Renfe tickets are far easier bought at a section the morning before, but make sure it's one that can't sell out. Seat61 usually says.

I'm thinking about going to France/Spain/Portugal over the winter. I don't have any fixed destinations. I want to plan my journey to see how far I can get and what AirBnBs are available. Is there a train planer that lets me choose local-only trains, as the ones I'm trying (Google, SNCF, DB) either try to get me on a TGV or won't give me a route for which I can't buy an online ticket. Any suggestions?

The DB website has the option of only local trains. If using it in German select "Nur Nahverkehr" as seen below:

Be aware that on DB you generally need to get a bicycle ticket when travelling before 09:00.

Nachverkehr.jpg

Reactions: mjr
Top Bottom