Cycle 1000 miles in a month?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Swanage53

Swanage53

Well 3 out of 4 weeks down and I am on the final run in, I am homing in on that 1000 mile target! I have now cycled 811 miles since 1st June so only another 189 to go. I really thought two weeks ago I wouldn't make it but although not a done deal yet, I am starting to feel a little more confident. In the past 7 days I have cycled 294 miles and burnt near on 19000 calories. Despite eating loads I am fading away a little!

Oh and I did managed to fall off, low speed stuff in traffic. Chain came off and I could not unclip quick enough, I came to a halt and simply flopped to the right, much to the amusement of those around me. Slight graze to knee and elbow and dented pride, however no harm done and up and running again in minutes. I am still waiting the TDF call up

MiK1138

Veteran
Your doing grand mate, hopefully the weather gods will be a bit kinder to you in the last week

A couple of years back, I did 1000km in a month (OK, only 60% of your proposal) but it's doable. Just do what you need each day & take note of what your body is telling you. If you need to stop or slow, then stop or slow.

OP
OP
Swanage53

Swanage53

Hi guys and girls,
Just to let you know 1005 miles done in the end, could have done a few more but just did a gentle 20 miles at the Sportive, as the young lady accompanying me is just recovering from surgery and is not back to full fitness yet. If you read my previous posts you will appreciate that I struggled with the weather, however in 8 days around week 3 I managed 393 miles which stood me in good stead for the last week which was quite leisurely in comparison.
My plan going forward is to keep my miles and fitness up and weight off, although miles wont be as high as this month.
I have also raised a few quid, and feel absolutely wonderful.
Thanks for all your support.
Alan

13 rider

Guru
Well done :thumbsup: .I thought you were going to out distance me but I cracked 1030 today :tongue:.However that's standard milage for me now but takes some getting too which makes your effort so good you should be proud of yourself onwards and upwards :bicycle:.If you commute daily it surprising how the miles clock up

OP
OP
Swanage53

Swanage53

Well done :thumbsup: .I thought you were going to out distance me but I cracked 1030 today :tongue:.However that's standard milage for me now but takes some getting too which makes your effort so good you should be proud of yourself onwards and upwards :bicycle:.If you commute daily it surprising how the miles clock up

My commute over the recent weeks has been to the station to catch a train, it just so happens s I chose a station 23 miles away and not my local station, so that may continue for at least the summer, although I can't do it everyday unfortunately. The other benefit is that I have saved a few quid in petrol.

Top Bottom