Cycle Alarms

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
I am very impressed with the alarm I use...it is hardly imposible to nick it as it would require to undo 6 screws ;) and the noise would probably drive you away :smile: - I have seen in working a couple of times and to look at people's faces when they accidentally move my bike and trigger the alarm, makes me think it is a good idea to have an alarm. I also use a mini D lock and Pitlock skewers.

Rick

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Wolf04 said:
My other thought was to use a very large lump of lead I have to lock to the bike making it very difficult for the little darlings to accidently walk off with my pride and joy:tongue:

With the value of scrap metal at present, you'd just make the theft more attractive!;)

bonj2

Arch said:
My money would be on accidentally hitting the number lock on a laptop...

Not entirely sure of the appropriateness of the laughing smilies and the word stroke, but I have a friend who had one and finds typing or writing coherently very difficult now, so maybe I'm sensitive.

two old blokes were sitting on a park bench when a fit young busty female jogger went past.... one of them had a stroke!

the other couldn't reach
:biggrin:

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Bonj, Bonj, Bonj.

You know that playground taunt about 'first time I heard that'?

For me it was 25-30 years ago and was 2 nuns and a flasher:biggrin:

OP
OP
Wolf04

Wolf04

Yipee,
Just got back after collecting my free cycle alarm and free D lock. Both look solid enough but no manufacturer's name on the alarm. I guess time will tell as to it's effectiveness! Well done my employer!:biggrin:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Lucky bugger...... my bike is on a Uni campus and use a Gold standard d-lock and gold standard chain lock..... the chain has to stay on the sheffield stand as it weighs 10lbs......

My bike is on the opposite side of the building to my office, but sits outside a work colleagues window.... if I had an alarm it might go off too much if movement sensitive because of the numbers of other bikes.....then they may not be too happy to keep an eye on it.....

Is your uni doing bike to work - ours is promoting green travel, but haven't gone down bike to work route yet..

OP
OP
Wolf04

Wolf04

fossyant said:
Is your uni doing bike to work - ours is promoting green travel, but haven't gone down bike to work route yet..

Yes Green travel and Bike to Work, but only for short periods. It was open for a month or so then closed again???? HR claim it is very labour intensive. Just hope it's open when I need a new one! By the way the alarm has a sensitivity control to prevent too many false alarms, can't say how good or bad it is yet.
Pete

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Cab said:
Jacomus is having a stroke! Quick, someone get him an ambulance :biggrin: :biggrin:

who's he stroking?

vote for extra lock +1

DLB

My shed got broken into a few months ago and a bag of power tools were nicked. luckily the bikes i have were locked up inside the shed and so were not stolen.

The local crime prevention officer came round and gave us a great alarm for the shed. It's a PIR that goes in the shed and when it is set off it send a signal to a portable box in the house which sets off an alarm or chime. A great idea i think

wafflycat

fossyant said:
Lucky bugger...... my bike is on a Uni campus and use a Gold standard d-lock and gold standard chain lock..... the chain has to stay on the sheffield stand as it weighs 10lbs......

My bike is on the opposite side of the building to my office, but sits outside a work colleagues window.... if I had an alarm it might go off too much if movement sensitive because of the numbers of other bikes.....then they may not be too happy to keep an eye on it.....

Luckily at my son's university, right outside the front door of his hall of residence is a fully enclosed cycle shed with door accessed by keypad lock. You have to get permission from campus security to store your bike(s) there before you get the door code. Inside the secure shed are many sheffield stands. Son locks his bikes to sheffield stand with D-locks and cable locks and then has the added security of them being in a locked bike store. Not guaranteed safety, but pretty much as can be reasonably expected.

Top Bottom