Cycle App .. Just for basic km / speed information

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wbmkk

Veteran
Is Strava the best App for a beginner ?

I am just after a simple App to record distance and perhaps average speed, but Strava, the App everybody talks about seems to be 'way too much' as far as options are concerned.

Are there any other Apps (Android phone) or is it simply a case of installing Strava and perhaps only using 10% of the features.

Maybe another App will take less memory

thank you

Katherine

Guru
I run the strava app on my basic android phone. I haven't noticed any memory issues. It's fine for speed, distance, average etc.

Strava on a mobile is more than just fine for anything basic. Easy to operate and feature rich in output without the user doing anything than turning it on.

OP
OP
wbmkk

wbmkk

Veteran
Thank you for all the replies. I downloaded Strava and have already had my first ride. I have also been though several segments, so I have a target to beat already. And to think I wasn't really bothered by targets.

I know its not an app but what about the Sigma BC 8.12 cycle computer which retails for around £11 depending where you purchase from.

I actually have a computer, a Specialized Speedzone Elite which I have never used. It was given as a present, but I thought it was a bit too good for my current bike and probably worth more too. I have an old Raleigh Winner bike. I'll use the computer when I upgrade to that Orbea bike I promised myself (a while ago)

andyfraser

Über Member
I have an old Raleigh Winner bike.
I had one of those in the 80s. I'd love to know how it is in the 21st century.

Thank you for all the replies. I downloaded Strava and have already had my first ride. 1 I have also been though several segments, so I have a target to beat already. And to think I wasn't really bothered by targets.

I actually have a computer, a 2 Specialized Speedzone Elite which I have never used. It was given as a present, but I thought it was a bit too good for my current bike and probably worth more too. I have an old Raleigh Winner bike. I'll use the computer when I upgrade to that Orbea bike I promised myself (a while ago)
O dear another victim :laugh:
I used one of these for about 6 months I found it great, no back light a draw back though.

OP
OP
wbmkk

wbmkk

Veteran
I had one of those in the 80s. I'd love to know how it is in the 21st century.
bike_zpsulgy6wtx.jpg

Attachments

• bike_zpsulgy6wtx.jpg
    bike_zpsulgy6wtx.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 13
Top Bottom