England : Leicestershire Cycle Buddies in South Leicester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zofo

Veteran
Hi Folks,

I'm looking to put together a group of like minded types for weekend rides in the south leicester area. Nothing too pacy, say around a good steady 15mph average over 50 miles or so. If this sounds like you or if you know of an existing group to contact then get in touch. :smile:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Have you tried contacting your local CTC or your local clubs to see what they offer ? the club i sometimes ride with has a group that runs at that sort of pace so maybe one local to you might do the same.

Zofo. Try Bitteswell c.c. They have a few members who do that sort of distance. Failing that, when ive got my average milage back to where it should be (too long a winter break, and too many treats!!) i would ride out with you. Might be a couple of months yet tho!

OP
OP
Zofo

Zofo

Veteran
Zofo. Try Bitteswell c.c. They have a few members who do that sort of distance. Failing that, when ive got my average milage back to where it should be (too long a winter break, and too many treats!!) i would ride out with you. Might be a couple of months yet tho!
thanks for the info, but can't find anything ref Bitteswell CC-do you have a link?
I'd be happy to ride with you as you build the miles up. Usually I go out on Saturdays towards Gumley and then back round via Wistow Garden Centre-for a coffee.-around 30 miles or so. Let me know .

OP
OP
Zofo

Zofo

Veteran
Have you tried contacting your local CTC or your local clubs to see what they offer ? the club i sometimes ride with has a group that runs at that sort of pace so maybe one local to you might do the same.

I tried Leicester Road Club, but they're only interested if you you either want to race, TT or go on epic
70 milers on a Sunday.

thanks for the info, but can't find anything ref Bitteswell CC-do you have a link?
I'd be happy to ride with you as you build the miles up. Usually I go out on Saturdays towards Gumley and then back round via Wistow Garden Centre-for a coffee.-around 30 miles or so. Let me know .
i found them through strava, dont know if you are using it. if you still cant find them using strava i will try and find a link

OP
OP
Zofo

Zofo

Veteran
i found them through strava, dont know if you are using it. if you still cant find them using strava i will try and find a link

Thanks Broughtonblue, I wasn't aware of Strava but have now registered with them. They're 3 groups that look likely, if you are interested yourself-- Claybrooke Wheelers, Countesthorpe CC & Team Red, Wigston. I've contacted all of them so hopefully I should get a result.

OP
OP
Zofo

Zofo

Veteran
Anyone else out there , who wants to ride weekends in south Leics?

Dave191

I ride with Leicestershire road club and they have been brilliant lots of new rides happening all speeds and distances check out the new website..I'm out every weekend

screenman

Legendary Member
I tried Leicester Road Club, but they're only interested if you you either want to race, TT or go on epic
70 milers on a Sunday.

Are you sure on that, I know of a member that would say completely different. I would say that you have read too many stories on the net.

Top Bottom