Cycle cam upload groups

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smuggs

Going into retirement disgracefully!
Having just bought a new rear camera/light, I wondered if anyone was aware of any groups ( I live in the SW of England) where you can upload video footage of idiot drivers? ( Facebook or otherwise).
I am aware of the Police Operation Snap, where you can report bad driving to the police, but would prefer to publically shame bad drivers, as I’m not confident any action will be taken by police unless it’s really serious.
Thanks

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I think a group of cyclists who get together solely for posting clips of what they percieve to be bad driving is appauling. Is that what people really think about when buying cameras for bikes?

I can understand those who use them to report incidents to the police. Good on them.

But doing what you are suggesting will just create a bigger divide. I hope everyone involved are impecable cyclists who never make a mistake.

classic33

Leg End Member
I think a group of cyclists who get together solely for posting clips of what they percieve to be bad driving is appauling. Is that what people really think about when buying cameras for bikes?

I can understand those who use them to report incidents to the police. Good on them.

But doing what you are suggesting will just create a bigger divide. I hope everyone involved are impecable cyclists who never make a mistake.
Is this why drivers are buying dashcams, to post videos of other drivers and road users on Facebook?

The argument works both ways. If the police aren't interested in pursuing reports of bad driving, it says more about them. Especially if injury or damage has occurred and they have footage to back up the claims. Footage that includes clear shots of the person responsible.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Having just bought a new rear camera/light, I wondered if anyone was aware of any groups ( I live in the SW of England) where you can upload video footage of idiot drivers? ( Facebook or otherwise).
I am aware of the Police Operation Snap, where you can report bad driving to the police, but would prefer to publically shame bad drivers, as I’m not confident any action will be taken by police unless it’s really serious.
Thanks

I live, and, cycle most in North East England, so, cannot comment on SW England, but, my personal experience with the Northumbria Police Service is that they do follow up on video reports of inconsiderate or dangerous driving. That, IMHO, is a more effective course of action.

sleuthey

Legendary Member
would prefer to publically shame bad drivers, as I’m not confident any action will be taken by police unless it’s really serious.

I too live in SW but I only supply footage to Somerset & Avon police who email me within 2 weeks confirming whether they have taken action.

The reason I don't publically shame is that we all make mistakes / have bad days whilst driving including myself. Over the 250,000 miles I have driven, iv caused a few near misses and probably more that I'm oblivious too. I consider myself a cautious driver and don't think I deserve to be shamed.

I treat other people like I want to be treated.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
@Smuggs if you are in Avon & Somerset, you can be pretty sure that action is being taken on your reports, although the feedback may not be detailed. These figures for the last 12 months were tweeted by @ASPRoadsafety on 10th November.

FhNAXN2WIAEOcbR.jpg

iluvmybike

Über Member
Thanks

I have had occasion over last four years to send video in to Operation Snap in Lancashire twice. On both occasions the Police took action. They were very welcoming for me sending the video in and I was encouraged to keep doing so. So, rather than setting up a 'vigilante' style group, use the legal process that is in place already.

Top Bottom