Cycle club near durham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jack smith

Veteran
Hi all, I'm looking for a road cycle club near durham, preferably north of durham in the stanley/consett area I just want to get into riding in groups and to start getting into low level racing and tt's friendly banter is a must! Also to see how I stack up against other riders.
I seem to get a good average pace of 18+ mph on my usual 10 mile ride with some rather steep hills included and would also like to know if this is considered decent over say an average 10 mile route? I can Comfortably sit in the mid 20's on a flat road without too much effort. Hills I struggle with, probably due to being 110 kilo (not fat) Do I seem okay to now join a club or am I abit slow?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
My immediate thought is Ferryhill Wheelers.

Not quite where you want to be, but there are several phone numbers for club officials on the site who are bound to know all the clubs in the area.

http://www.ferryhillwheelers.org.uk/index.php

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Thanks, I've been on british cycling including their northeast site and it seems it hasn't been updated for over a year, and all the cycling clubs I can find on their main site no longer exist!

Nathan AV

Thank you Pale Rider for those comments and thanks adoptedbark. Its still early days but we are hoping it takes off and does well. A lot of time and effort has gone in but that's the same with all clubs.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Cestria and derwentside are the best for me, I live near stanley so in derwentside but I can't get much info on them as the website is down, does anyone know of they have a Facebook page, I've requested to join cestria's Facebook page as their website seems to be from 2012 but the Facebook page seems active.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Spennymoor also looks great.... I've put a request in for their Facebook that's just about a 15 mile cycle from me so not too bad

Top Bottom