Cycle clubs in Nottingham?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm looking for a cycling club in Nottingham for road bikes, that is competitive and provides training of some sort to go into competitions. So far I only have seen clubs that focus on social rides and are not competitive. I really want to improve as a road cyclist and start doing races.

13 rider

Guru
Velo club Long Eaton might be worth a look they certainly run a TT series . A local bike shop should be a good source of info

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Which part of Nottingham are you in?

Beeston RC have organised some races at the Harvey Hadden circuit. OVB race as well but are the opposite side of the city.

DCLane

Still worth contacting them - you never know. I've just spent today training with my son's team and I only race in the lowest group on the track.

Alternatives might be Sherwood CC (mostly TT's) / Beeston CC.

Last edited:

13 rider

Guru
Are you at Uni in Nottingham if so does the Uni have a cycling club . Just thought of this on today's ride as I was past by the Loughborough students

DCLane

Hopefully that'll be useful then - ask about rides on their FB page or group the club have: https://www.facebook.com/uoncycling/ . You're also near Derby velodrome which can be useful for training, if a little different.

My youngest's looking at Nottingham Uni as a possible option in 2/3 years should he go. Mainly because he wants to be able to do track racing over the winter which means Manchester / Derby / London / Glasgow.

Last edited:
Just get the miles in your legs. You're not up for racing after starting off two months ago. Enjoy your cycling and see where it takes you

OP
OP
O

oreo_muncher

Hopefully that'll be useful then - ask about rides on their FB page or group the club have: https://www.facebook.com/uoncycling/ . You're also near Derby velodrome which can be useful for training, if a little different.

My youngest's looking at Nottingham Uni as a possible option in 2/3 years should he go. Mainly because he wants to be able to do track racing over the winter which means Manchester / Derby / London / Glasgow.
Never done track cycling- how do I get into that? How is it different to just road cycling except for fixed gear bikes, not on the road and you have to follow the line- is it just about speed? Would I have to buy my own track bike?

Top Bottom