cycle clubs near eccles manchester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rickh01

Über Member
does anyone know of any good cycle clubs to join that are near eccles in Manchester, as I would now like to join one after owning my first road bike since christmas

400bhp

Guru
Stretford Wheelers is just down the road, however the club is pretty small these days.

Withington Wheelers

Manchester Wheelers

400bhp

Guru
Nice people there (I used to ride with them in the late 80's/early 90's), but the website is pants and it's only the olides left.

They did manage to dig out and scan in my first 10 mile TT from 1989 when I emailed them a while back though.:becool:

OP
OP
rickh01

rickh01

Über Member
What does dig out and scan mean? I've emailed them about doing a ride with them end of this month. Think they are doing a 50 miler but me being new to this it should be my first or possibly second time I would of rode that distance.

OP
OP
rickh01

rickh01

Über Member
Nice one, they replied to my email this morning and I'm gonna go for a ride with them at the end of the month

I live in Prestwich and ride out with a Facebook cycling group called SSG. We meet at the Velo on Sundays. It is a social group offering varying ride levels typically 30-60 miles. No one get left behind. PM me if you are interested and I can bring you along as a guest to see if you like it.

davdandy

. Think they are doing a 50 miler but me being new to this it should be my first or possibly second time I would of rode that distance.

Some clubs,depending on the distance have a break half way round,ask them if they do this,as a beginner you might find that useful if you are not used to 50 miles or more.

Top Bottom