England : Hampshire Cycle clubs New Forest/ Totton area?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cheryl L

Regular
Hi All

I used to be really into my cycling and used to race regulary but over the past couple of years I have lost a bit of interest. Recently I have started comuting to work on my bike and getting out on my mountain bike a bit more and it has inspired me to get the road bike out again. I have given it a clean up and some TLC and am keen to get going again. I also would like to have a go at some club time trials once I have found me legs again :smile:

Can anyone recomend a cycle club in the new forest/ Totton area and do they meet of a weekend for rides?

Many thanks

Cheryl

Maylian

Veteran
Not sure about other clubs but I've seen some of these guys when I've been out and about on my rides. Been thinking about joining myself as well

http://www.sotonia.co.uk/

SotonCyclist

Ive had a quick google for cycle clubs in the southampton area and it seems Sotonia are the best bet, £12 a year membership too.

a little further afield it seems Fareham Wheelers are pretty well thought of.

when I get my first road bike I'm pretty keen to join a club and I'm leaning towards Sotonia

PpPete

Legendary Member
Sotonia - very friendly and welcoming to new members.
Dave Davenport of this forum is one of the leading lights.

Weekend and Wednesday club runs at various different paces. Just don't believe Dave when he says an average speed for a ride. :whistle:

Awahwah

Being a Fareham Wheeler my self, and biased, we are a great bunch! We have tester rides starting at Wickham Square every Sunday at 09:00. New riders are welcome for three rides, so feel free to ride with us :smile:

Top Bottom