Cycle commute help - Essex to Southwalk Bridge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tony.C

Hi all, I appreciate Billericay to Southwalk Bridge is probably too far for a daily commute but considering the possibility of driving some of the way (e.g Upminster, Cranham etc) and cycling the rest of the way. Would look to use CS3/super highway where possible.

Any route advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Effyb4

Veteran
I frequently cycle along the CS3 from Upminster direction and could probably do you a route, if you like. The cycle paths are good, although very busy in the morning.

Effyb4

Veteran
Great route.
1. Do all/most of the roads have cycle paths?
2. How long does it take you/would you expect it to take?
3. Would you say this is relatively safe cycling?

Thanks again.

Hi Tony almost all of the roads have cycle paths. Those that don't I would class as relatively quiet. How long it would take would depend on how fast you cycle, but I would guess at up to an hour and a half. It's probably best to give it a try at the weekend and see what you think of the route.

OP
OP
Tony.C

Tony.C

Hi Tony almost all of the roads have cycle paths. Those that don't I would class as relatively quiet. How long it would take would depend on how fast you cycle, but I would guess at up to an hour and a half. It's probably best to give it a try at the weekend and see what you think of the route.
That I will and again, many thanks

Top Bottom