Cycle Complete :D

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

£Josh D

just got in from a 10.5 mile cycle as planned. uphills are a barstool, average dropped massively from them unfortunately didnt stick to the intended 15mph average: 13.8 instead. got beeped by some crazy mer. max speed 24.3mph.
10.5miles in 44:54:63 minutes, is this good for a first distanced cycle? :sad:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Well done you.. keep it up. 13.8 on a mountain bike for a first decent ride? Excellent.. you will be much quicker once you have a few more miles under your belt and even quicker when you get your road bike.

iendicott

Excellent work, soon 10.5 will merge in 20, 30, 40 etc. To be honest riding in a group and you won't even realise you are doing alot more miles.

Keep it up.

OP
OP
£

£Josh D

tommorow 10.5 miles again, same route, aiming to do 15mph average speed instead of 13.8, 15 has been my target from the start and getting 15+ tommorow would be great, but aslong as i beat 13.8 i will be happy. cant throw the cycle computer away sorry dude its so good! im training for a 30 mile cycle if ya didnt know otherwise i wouldnt care about times, im stamina building at the moment just increasing the time it takes me, next we i am looking to do 15ish miles my mate knows a decent route, but only if i have this route average speed 15+, will let you know how i get on tomoz, thanks :laugh:

Norm

£Josh D said:
im training for a 30 mile cycle if ya didnt know otherwise i wouldnt care about times, im stamina building at the moment
That post raises a question or 12.

• What's the deal with 15mph? Is 15mph good and 13.8mph bad? Is there some nirvana which will appear when you have averaged 15mph?
  • Is there any logic about the need to do 15mph over 10.8 miles which will make doing 30 miles any different?
  • Is there a link between the speed / time at 15 miles to building stamina for a 30-miler?
  • Is the 30 miler going to be a performance event?
Take it easy, chap, and enjoy the ride. Don't beat yourself up about the average speed over 10 miles because I reckon that will be completely irrelevant over 30.

OP
OP
£

£Josh D

at the moment i am doing short distance, setting a marker: 15mph average and trying to beat it in order of increasing my stamina, one i reach this, i will increase the distance set myself a marker and do the same again, no it isnt a erformance event i just dont wanna be at over the line, i would like to finish at a decent time so i ill treat it as a performance event, thanks guys

Top Bottom