Cycle from London to Milan in July?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

edo4065

Hello all,
I wanted to organise a week long cycle to Italy from London leaving at some time in July. The trip would be roughly a week long with about 150 km of cycling a day and sleeping would be arranged in tents, it would be a small group of 5 or 6, so far myself and a friend are down for this idea but if anyone else is please let me know.

Crankarm

Guru
One week to ride to Italy? That's pretty good going with a loaded bike including camping gear and all your other stuff over the Alps. And you will only be able to ride as fast as the slowest rider unless you want to drop every one as they can't keep up with your schedule.

Tin Pot

Guru
I wouldn’t want to have much luggage to do that. Any chance you can take a credit card instead of tents?

OP
OP
E

edo4065

One week to ride to Italy? That's pretty good going with a loaded bike including camping gear and all your other stuff over the Alps. And you will only be able to ride as fast as the slowest rider unless you want to drop every one as they can't keep up with your schedule.
The trip is still a plan but with a steady going from calais to lyon we should be able to make up for the slow going on the alps depends I mean a ten day trip would also be good

OP
OP
E

edo4065

I hope you like hot weather. I would find cycling across Italy in July hard work.
I love hot weather

I would at a guess reckon on you having to cycle 130 miles a day, that is going some if you are cycling with full cycle packing gear, no time for sight seeing or resting in some bar or cafe for a relaxing lunch. Not my type of tour that for sure.

OP
OP
E

edo4065

I would at a guess reckon on you having to cycle 130 miles a day, that is going some if you are cycling with full cycle packing gear, no time for sight seeing or resting in some bar or cafe for a relaxing lunch. Not my type of tour that for sure.
It is all yet to be planned so if people want to come but would rather it be something like a 12/15 day trip then do tell me and we can see

Top Bottom