Cycle glasses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Holdsworth

Über Member
Kind of in need of a pair of glasses for winter riding, getting watery,cold eyes is no fun and glare is a problem with the sun so low. A pair interchangeable lenses would be a bonus as I hear that yellow-tented lenses are the best choice for low-light levels.

There are many Chinese imports on eBay which I consider from time to time but I can never be sure if I am getting a good buy.

Items like the ones below are what I have been looking at, opinions?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-Lens-Sp...s=63&clkid=5214850043969097429#ht_5956wt_1037

Does anyone have their own recommendation for a good pair for under say £20 that would suit my needs?

2old2care

Über Member
I buy safety glasses from screwfix at £8-£9 a pair they are impact resistant ( which all cycling glasses are ) and although not interchangeable, I don't mind if they get damaged or lost, which has happened. Check them out!

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
I buy safety glasses from screwfix at £8-£9 a pair they are impact resistant ( which all cycling glasses are ) and although not interchangeable, I don't mind if they get damaged or lost, which has happened. Check them out!

Same here , for winter i get the De-Walt saftey glasses as they have a yellow tint on them , £6 last time i got them .

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
I also get mine off whichever site I'm on.

Recently got some nice, tinted Bolle glasses (not at all dissimilar to their cycling glasses).

If not, Wiggle's own-brand DHB glasses have interchangable lenses and have had some good write-ups.

OP
OP
Holdsworth

Holdsworth

Über Member
I picked up a pair of yellow-tinted safety glasses from a local tool hire shop this afternoon. They definietly improve contrast in the grey murky conditions we've had of late. Downsides are they are prone to fogging when stopped and water droplets smearing, some distortion but not bad. We'll see how they go.

chugsy

Check Aldi or Lidl - picked up a pair with 3 sets of lenses for £4 recently. I bodge in lens from old specs using two thin strips of Blu Tack. Haven't dropped out yet :P

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Another vote for Aldi. For £3 / pair you get yellow, clear and "bronzed" lenses. I usually buy several pairs so losing them isn't a worry. At £3 you have to accept they may break etc.

Top Bottom