Cycle gloves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moda

Have pretty much kitted myself out but after the last few days have realised that I'm going to need some gloves. There seem to be a huge range of styles and features on offer.

Do people have a couple of pairs to cover the various conditions or is there a pair that would cover you for all eventualities?

Windproof and warm (bulky??) seem like the 2 most important features but what about cycling in rain? soggy gloves don't sound like much fun!

What are you wearing?

sazzaa

I've just bought some cheap neoprene gloves off Amazon for colder weather, but if it's cold and raining/snowing I'll just head out with snowboarding gloves... http://www.surfdome.com/pow_snowboard_gloves_-_pow_royal_glove_snowboard_gloves_-_white-58710

Gloves are a personal thing - I used to use Sealskinz and had no problems with them - but some people on here hate them with a vengeance. Last year I changed to some Endura's (strikes I think!). Equally good in my opinion.

Gez73

Veteran
Aldi gloves for the colder days but have Sealskinz for the proper Winter commutes with liners too. Tend to need full finger gloves in the mornings but not on way home in early afternoon. Gez

OP
OP
Moda

Moda

Gloves are a personal thing - I used to use Sealskinz and had no problems with them.
Just taken a look at their website and they look pretty good and at around £30 you can't really argue.... will see what I can find in the shops.

Anyone know what benefit there is to cut offs in relation to cycling?

vickster

Legendary Member
Mitts? They are cooler. I use Specialized BG ridge in autumn and spring when it's too cold for fingerless. Got some Decathlon ones for colder weather. Won't ride if it's so cold that two pairs are required!

Like Vickster I assume you mean mitts - they can't really be used once the temperature drops below 5-6 deg C. They are much better when the temperature increases though. Most cyclists use mitts in the warm weather and full fingered gloves in the late autumn/winter months. Again, like Vickster I use the Specialized BG Gel mitts in the summer.

fossala

Guru
I'm using some padless giro mitts this summer. For the winter the LBS has advised me to look into specilized sub zero as I commute at 6am and I get very cold hands and feet.

Top Bottom